Dell 2405 $899

Looks like they're offering free shipping, unfortunatly you still get taxed.. unless you live in Deleware, of course :)

i ordered the 2005 sunday. it should be here today. i couldnt pass up on this deal. merry christmas to me! :D now i need prayers from the computer gods i dont have any dead pixels. <chant chant mantra>

Don't buy it. I heard Dell is going to refresh the 2405 around Feb-Mar. HDCP and better specs most likely.

do a google for dell 30" lcd when i talked to the sells rep lastnight he told me it was a very nice monitor it was not made to be anything like the apple.i asked him about price on the 2405 and he told me to wait but thats all he would say :rolleyes:

How is this a hot deal? Hasn't the 2405 gone for under $800 before and the 2005 gone for under $400? $900 for the 2405 and $500 for the 2005 are below average prices IMO.

Yeah, it's not a hot deal really. Lukewarm at best.

The 2405 drops below $800 every so often, and the 2005 below $400 quite often.

Definately not hot, but watch out ... It may get hot soon with the coming of the 2007FPW.

Monitor sales in the middle of the night like when the 18" and the early 19" did there exodus from Dell due to forced obsolesence.

oh sick!!

btw.. I need an lcd monitor fast..

should I just get the 20incher or 24 incher or wait for the 30 incher..

and how much was the lowest prices for the 20 and the 24 incher??
and how much will the 30 incher be? 2k??

:)

umcpgrad said:
oh sick!!

btw.. I need an lcd monitor fast..

should I just get the 20incher or 24 incher or wait for the 30 incher..

and how much was the lowest prices for the 20 and the 24 incher??
and how much will the 30 incher be? 2k??

:)

the lowest I saw for the 24" was around 730, and haven't paid too close attention to the 20", but I'd say 380?
and somone on engadget said apple's 30" is $2500 so yeah it'll be competively priced around there.

I got about 500-600 dollars saved up.. so just waiting.. my monitor's back light broke... so.. :(

i was able to get 2x 2005fpws for $806 today. seriously, basic communication abilities go a LONG way with phone reps.

i have a 2405 for myself, but i got a monitor for my brother/parents.

umcpgrad said:
so is it worth getting 2 20incher lcd or just 1 24 incher?

if you straight up multitask, 2x2005. if you ever play games, 1x2405.

The 2405 seems to be based on samsung's 243T/244T. It seems like the 244T is relatively new, but it matches the specs for the 2405 which has been around for a bit. You would think samsung would have theirs out first, then other companies would have oem'd models out some time after that.

Hopefully any new model would include samsung's dynamic backlight adjustment for higher apparent contrast... their LCD TVs do very well in this regard.

Back