Dell 24" UltraSharp U2415 - 1920x1200 Monitor - $319.99

I grabbed one.

My 21.6" 1680x1050 monitor is showing it's age. It'll make a great second monitor though. Replace the crappy TN panel monitor that I've been using.

Great price on these, tempted to grab a pair for companion monitors for my Swift, but my 2410 and 2407 are still going strong!

Dell Ultrasharps are built like tanks, still look great years later and have great standard 3 year warranties (zero dead pixel policy).

So serious question, what is the point of this monitor @ 320 dollars over one of the korean ips panels?

So serious question, what is the point of this monitor @ 320 dollars over one of the korean ips panels?

- No waiting
- No guessing / hoping it works.
- 3yr Warranty that actually works, and is useful
- 0 dead pixel warranty
- Nice, adjustable useful stand
- Fit next to other Dell monitors many many many of us already have

There are many points :) I wouldn't pay 320, and didn't. It was recently on sale for around 259, and at that price I would buy 1 or more. Dell wouldn't honor that price for me (they got close), so for now I hold off.

- No waiting
- 0 dead pixel warranty

There are many points :) I wouldn't pay 320, and didn't. It was recently on sale for around 259, and at that price I would buy 1 or more. Dell wouldn't honor that price for me (they got close), so for now I hold off.

Yep all strong valid points. I would add generally better panel uniformity, lack of backlight bleed also. Build quality is going to be better as well, a simple example shows through in aesthetics, like the plastic used for the bezel. Some of the Korean IPS monitors I've seen tend to get that wrong as well.

What you don't get of course with this monitor is the higher resolution you might see in one of the off-brand Korean monitors and/or the ability to overclock it to higher refresh (this is hit or miss anyways unless you pay a premium for the guarantee), and even then, you deal with the lower response/blur inherent with IPS technology.

- No waiting
- 0 dead pixel warranty

Many of the Korean panels have f'd up EDID info too so they're a pain in the dick to get working in linux.

I have one as a secondary monitor - I probably wouldn't use it as a primary and definitely not without a backup.

- No waiting
- 0 dead pixel warranty

what does no waiting mean? and you know, yeah dell's warranty works, but their quality control isn't all that great.

Many of the Korean panels have f'd up EDID info too so they're a pain in the dick to get working in linux.

I have one as a secondary monitor - I probably wouldn't use it as a primary and definitely not without a backup.

Great point.

what does no waiting mean? and you know, yeah dell's warranty works, but their quality control isn't all that great.

I don't mind if their QC isn't that great, it's still better than the Korean to ebay to USA direct monitors in my opinion, and second day business care from Dell is awesome, so yeah, from a business and end-user stand-point Dell if you need to keep it working.

I'm not against the Korean monitors at all, they serve their purpose but so does a warranty, and good customer service. :)

fwiw, Dell chat was able to match the $279.99 price for me this morning, no coupon needed.

Back