Dell 23 and 21.5 inch monitors

RADEoN

Supreme [H]ardness
I STOLE THIS BAD BOY OFF OF SLICKDEALS, SO GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN. FIGURE YOU GUYS DESERVE IT MORE THAN THEY DO.

* Dell S2309W 23" Full HD Widescreen Monitor $176 (or $169 w/ DPA) - http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=2236&oc=S2309W

* Dell S2209W 21.5" Full HD Widescreen Monitor $148 (or $142 w/ DPA) - http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=2236&oc=S2209W

If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3% (4% at Dell EPP), here is how:

1. During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
2. Click "Change Payment Type"
3. Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
4. Under "Save 3% (4% at EPP) with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
5. Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
6. Checkout, enjoy your 3% (4% at EPP) savings

EDIT: Save your TN vs IPS bitching for someone elses thread.

Nothing wrong with a TN if you know what you're getting, or if you need a secondary/backup/lanparty LCD and don't want to spend $400 on it.

I have a e248WFP for my second/SFF system that I take to lanparties and it works great. I wouldn't necessarily want to drag a $400 monitor around with me all the time, but for the price I paid for the e248WFP I don't mind.

$176 and $148? It's showing $189 and $159 here, sans DPA of course. FWIW the refurbs of these are $199 and $149 respectively.

[edit] And to save from a panel type bitch fest, how about thinking along these lines. For example, Worst Buy wants $220 for a Hannspree or Acer H233H (both were also $189 up until last Sunday "on sale"). What would you rather have - this or one of those two? I'd go for the Dell. And BB wants $240 for the same Dell (down from $260).

Last edited:
I recently bought the S2409W for 203 total and although it is a TN panel, unless you are not sitting right in front of it, you would never notice the difference.

And how often do you look at a monitor at any angle besides straight on?

The colors are great, the refresh rate is fantastic. I'll leave it like this.... headshots are *much* more common than they were on my 20".

Plus its nice to have the option to play @ 1920x1080 :D

I saw the 24" 1080p (actual 1080p, not WUXGA) on the outlet yesterday at $229. Pointless post unless you want that extra 1" of screen :p

Back