• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2209WA yellow line problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valnar

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
4,561
I have a vertical yellow line about 2 inches in from the left side on my Dell 2209WA. It comes and goes, and sometimes pressing on part of the bezel makes it go away for a period of time. It's almost always there when I first turn on the monitor.

I love LOVE this monitor, and would prefer to fix it. The pixels are not dead since it works some of the time, so I imagine some other component is failing and not the LCD itself. Anyone know how much Dell charges to fix a monitor clearly out of warranty? Or can anyone recommend a place that'll do surface level repair or capacitor replacement (or whatever) for a decent price?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top