Dell 2209WA problem

mhd

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
91
Hey guys, I had this monitor for 2 years already, it's really good i love it. Although, recently, faced with an problem that may need a replacement. I called dell, explained to them, They sent me refurbished monitor DELL U2212HMC. Today, I received the monitor, first of all it's 21.inch, smaller than 2209 :(. Second, on the website it says IPS LCD, i compared 2209 vs u2212hmc, i don't know but the quality of image seem to be bit blurry and grainy. i http://www.dell.com/us/healthcare/p/dell-u2212h/pd .

BTW, here the problem with current monitor i have, on the left side you will see this burn vertically.
s2ebdh.jpg
 
You can't post a screenshot illustraing monitor problems :)

Don't know what to say. The 2212HM is marginally smaller (21.5 vs 22"), but has a higher resolution. The backlight is LED vs CCFL. It may or may not be the case that the 2212HM is a 6-bit+FRC e-IPS panel whereas the 2209WA is true 8-bit panel. I don't know for sure on either though.

You can probably read through the U2212HM thread here to find more details.
 
Back
Top