Dell 2010 Product Line

From the following Dell Hong Kong URL:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/hk/en/business/monitors/mon_30_lcd/cp.aspx?refid=mon_30_lcd&s=bsd&cs=hkbsd1

And note:

Dell U2410 UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen Monitor
Price from HK$6,848
Instant Savings HK$3,479
Online discounted price HK$3,369
Incl. delivery

Dell UltraSharp™ 2408WFP 24" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
Price from HK$6,848
Instant Savings HK$2,048
Online discounted price HK$4,800
Incl. delivery

Noting the above promotional discounted pricing for Hong Kong over the last weekend past, one quickly notices that the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch widescreen monitor HAS THE SAME BASE PRICE as the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP 24-inch widescreen monitor, that is HK$6,848!!!

Further, NOTICE THE PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT, HK$3,479 for the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch widescreen monitor versus HK$2,048 for the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP 24-inch widescreen monitor; the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch widescreen monitor HAS THE GREATER DISCOUNT!!!

BY AT TOTAL of HK$1,431, THE Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch widescreen monitor IS SELLING FOR LESS (CHEAPER)!!!

So will this sort of pricing occur in the US? And why do we had to be the “last” marketing region to order/price the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch widescreen monitor, that now seems to be set for September 7th, 2009?

Maybe we all could communicate to Dell’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Erin Nelson ([email protected]) and/or Dell’s President, Small and Medium Business, Stephen Felice ([email protected]) and ask these important questions.

Tim :cool:

don't suppose you could stick to just the plain white text could you, it's a bit annoying. thanks.

I like how such products are always getting "discounted".

Seems like everything with a sticker-price MSRP is always "on sale", eh? One can hope that the U2410 may sell for cheaper than the 2408WFP, though. :)

I like how such products are always getting "discounted".

Seems like everything with a sticker-price MSRP is always "on sale", eh? One can hope that the U2410 may sell for cheaper than the 2408WFP, though. :)

If it (the U2410) does come in at a "low ball price" in the US, like it it is now in Hong Kong, it will be "scary", and "say much" about the sad state of the US economy.

With 90 days or so to the end of the year, this has been traditionally a time of "price rip-offs" and "limited availability", and the "consumer beware" . . .

Tim :)

I actually find all the colors make it easier to read when there's a wall of text.

I suggest getting some reading glasses if regular white text on grey background is difficult to read. This isn't myspace and a post shouldn't look like a Christmas tree exploded all over it.

I suggest getting some reading glasses if regular white text on grey background is difficult to read. This isn't myspace and a post shouldn't look like a Christmas tree exploded all over it.

white on grey is fine, unless it's all bunched together. The colors break the monotony and increase my mental focus on the post. He does tend to over-emphasize, but I can't fault him for using colors to help me get information.

U2410 is looking tempting ... I must stick to plan and wait for a 24" OLED screen tho : /

Damn the wait is hard

U2410 is looking tempting ... I must stick to plan and wait for a 24" OLED screen tho : /

Damn the wait is hard

You may be waiting a long time for OLED, and it seems like Dell has written off the next three months (WIN7 roll-out & holidays) and is going to stay very "aggressive" with pricing, especially with the U2410. It may be a deal that is hard to pass up.

Tim

From the following Dell Hong Kong URL:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/hk/en/business/monitors/mon_30_lcd/cp.aspx?refid=mon_30_lcd&s=bsd&cs=hkbsd1

And note:

Dell U2410 UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen Monitor
Price from HK$6,848
Instant Savings HK$3,479
Online discounted price HK$3,369
Incl. delivery

Dell UltraSharp™ 2408WFP 24" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
Price from HK$6,848
Instant Savings HK$2,048
Online discounted price HK$4,800
Incl. delivery

Tim :cool:

Great find. I was so tempted I actually tried to buy it :) This deal needs to hit NA soon.

You may be waiting a long time for OLED, and it seems like Dell has written off the next three months (WIN7 roll-out & holidays) and is going to stay very "aggressive" with pricing, especially with the U2410. It may be a deal that is hard to pass up.

Tim

Yeah i know, before i read this i had no problem waiting another 2-3 years... but damn, i need to stop entering the display's section :(

I predict your current screen will wear out before you can get an affordable 24" OLED.

And possibly the one after that. I guess I should hold out until an affordable SED screen hits the shelves. Or a holographic float screen, whichever comes first. :p

Back