Dell 2007WSP ... No DVI-D Cable

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone

My apologies if this is in the wrong section. This is regarding my Dell 2007WSP ( 20 " ) The monitor cable that comes with it is the white color housing and its the " DVI-D / Single Link " cable. Whats happening right now is that i just connected the x850 crossfire edition along with the x850xt PCI-E slave card. Once everything is connected i notice the floater of death floats around " No Dvi_D Cable " So i power the pc anyhow still no picture, so i manually turned on the monitor. There i see windows load up fine. I then power off, then it came back again " No DVI-D Cable " So i switch it to Analog mode. I power up wait for a minute or so and turned off the PC, i then get a proper signal as to what im looking for " Entering Power Save " The next thing i did was that i only connected the cable to the master card ( x850 crossfire ) the " no DVI-D cable doesnt appear " The number 2 and the power switch for the monitor is lit orange which is a good sign. Since the dongle for the crossfire is the DVI-I ( Dual Link ) and the Dell's is the DVI-D / *Digital only* ( Single Link ) seems that its not transmitting the signal properly from the Ati's dongle. Would it make any difference if i were to get a ( DVI-D / Dual Link ) ? Will it still transmit the signal properly from monitor to the x850 crossfire dongle without getting that " No DVI-D Cable " I recently updated my chipset driver as to Ati's recommendation. Do i have faulty x-fire dongle or is this more a driver issue. Anyone experience this b4 with your crossfire's dongle cable.

Thanks in advance for the replies

it sounds like a complicated problem. i would put this in video cards as the monitor seems ok just the signal you're trying to feed it? sorry, that's all i got

I'm not sure what you are saying, are you saying that you think the dongle is faulty cause when you connect the dongle from the Master card to the Slave (The CF ready card to CF Master card) and then connect DVI cable *from* the monitor to the Master CF card. If so I doubt its the dongle, you might be plugging it into the wrong card, Try the other card.

Back