• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2007WFP

Excko

n00b
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
16
Good afternoon,

Let's say that I decide to play the dell lottery and buy the 2007WFP. If I don't get the S-IPS panel and get the other one, would it make that big of a difference quality-wise?

I'm willing to pay 450$ CAN for a monitor. If the quality hit of the panel for the 2007WFP is really a big thing, what would be a good alternative for the monitor.

Thanks everyone.
 
Some people who get the S-PVA panel say it's horrible.....others say they're going to keep it because it looks better than whatever they had before. YMMV..

edit- If you do buy one then I would try to evaluate it independent of which panel it may or may not be....after you make your decision then check to see which panel you have. ;)
 
to be honest.. id play the samsung 226bw game before the dell 2007wfp.. its an aging display... 16ms GTG isn't great.. I definately notice a good amount of ghosting, you'll get used to it, but you shouldn't since for the money you can get something else.. Esp if you're happy with the reproduction of the TN panels on the 22s.
 
Almost anything would be better than the 15inch GemStar CRT Monitor that I have right now.
 
IMO the Dell lottery is worth it...

After being unhappy with the Samsung 206bw and the Acer 2216, I won the Dell lotto on my first try. The difference in picture quality in Windows is stunning. In games all the panels have looked pretty good to me. I can't speak of Dells PVA panel, but my wife has a Samsung 215tw (S-PVA I think), and the picture quality is very good.
 
IMO the Dell lottery is worth it...

After being unhappy with the Samsung 206bw and the Acer 2216, I won the Dell lotto on my first try. The difference in picture quality in Windows is stunning. In games all the panels have looked pretty good to me. I can't speak of Dells PVA panel, but my wife has a Samsung 215tw (S-PVA I think), and the picture quality is very good.

Are they all pretty similar in games, then? I'm looking for a monitor just for gaming, and i don't know whether it's worth spending more (on an NEC 20WGX2, for example) to get a better quality display if it isn't going to make much difference in games.
 
Are they all pretty similar in games, then? I'm looking for a monitor just for gaming, and i don't know whether it's worth spending more (on an NEC 20WGX2, for example) to get a better quality display if it isn't going to make much difference in games.
Well, that depends on what you consider "worth it". other than the glossy panel on the NEC vs Dell's anti-glare...you also have to consider the NEC has component inputs that are lacking on the Dell as well as a tv tuner. The tuner isn't HD and from what I've heard it's just so-so...but it would be nice to just hook up cable or sat directly to the monitor without having to go the usb/pci tuner card route.
 
Well, that depends on what you consider "worth it". other than the glossy panel on the NEC vs Dell's anti-glare...you also have to consider the NEC has component inputs that are lacking on the Dell as well as a tv tuner. The tuner isn't HD and from what I've heard it's just so-so...but it would be nice to just hook up cable or sat directly to the monitor without having to go the usb/pci tuner card route.

OK, excluding the NEC (due to it's advantage with the glossy panel), there wouldn't be an awful lot of point getting a Dell 2007 over a Samsung 206BW, for example, if it's just going to be used for gaming, is there?
The NEC monitor i referred is the European version without the TV-tuner, by the way.
 
OK, excluding the NEC (due to it's advantage with the glossy panel), there wouldn't be an awful lot of point getting a Dell 2007 over a Samsung 206BW, for example, if it's just going to be used for gaming, is there?
The NEC monitor i referred is the European version without the TV-tuner, by the way.
Oh...if we had that model here (and the price was closer to the 2007WFP) I would have one sitting on my desk as we speak instead of the Dell. I also have an Acer F-20 but that was because I over-ordered for a client and ended up keeping the extra instead of a return.
 
Oh...if we had that model here (and the price was closer to the 2007WFP) I would have one sitting on my desk as we speak instead of the Dell. I also have an Acer F-20 but that was because I over-ordered for a client and ended up keeping the extra instead of a return.

The model you have available, with the TV-tuner, is better than the European version so why not get that? So, if you were me, deciding between the NEC20WGX2, Dell 2007WFP and the Samsung 206BW which would be the best for gaming (considering the price, too)? It would be nice to definitely rule out the Dell if you think the NEC is far superior to it, although it sure would be nice if the NEC was height adjustable.
 
The model you have available, with the TV-tuner, is better than the European version so why not get that? So, if you were me, deciding between the NEC20WGX2, Dell 2007WFP and the Samsung 206BW which would be the best for gaming (considering the price, too)? It would be nice to definitely rule out the Dell if you think the NEC is far superior to it, although it sure would be nice if the NEC was height adjustable.
I thought that the only difference between the North American/Euro model was the tv tuner/remote and higher price? Anyway...if price is a consideration then the Dell wins. I have no idea what you would have to pay but I personally can get one for about $350usd shipped. Even though I see special sale prices for the 20WMGX2 occasionally it is still over $500 and I don't think it is worth that much extra money vs the Dell.
 
I thought that the only difference between the North American/Euro model was the tv tuner/remote and higher price? Anyway...if price is a consideration then the Dell wins. I have no idea what you would have to pay but I personally can get one for about $350usd shipped. Even though I see special sale prices for the 20WMGX2 occasionally it is still over $500 and I don't think it is worth that much extra money vs the Dell.

Yeah, the only difference is the TV tuner which makes it better; well it would for me, at least.
Samsung 206BW: £211
Dell 2007WFP: £282
NEC 20WGX2: £340
Viewsonic VX2025: £233
Hmm, coming to think of it, the NEC is out of my price range. Which, out of the Viewsonic, Dell and Samsung, then, do you think would be best for gaming?
Sorry for derailing this thread.
 
Yeah, the only difference is the TV tuner which makes it better; well it would for me, at least.
Samsung 206BW: £211
Dell 2007WFP: £282
NEC 20WGX2: £340
Viewsonic VX2025: £233
Hmm, coming to think of it, the NEC is out of my price range. Which, out of the Viewsonic, Dell and Samsung, then, do you think would be best for gaming?
Sorry for derailing this thread.
Honestly..if you eliminate the NEC from what you listed then the Dell 2007WFP is your best bet. The 206BW doesn't match up well feature wise and the VX2025 is no longer in production which means that if you have to do an rma you will get the replacement model which has an inferior TN panel. Just my .02;)
 
Honestly..if you eliminate the NEC from what you listed then the Dell 2007WFP is your best bet. The 206BW doesn't match up well feature wise and the VX2025 is no longer in production which means that if you have to do an rma you will get the replacement model which has an inferior TN panel. Just my .02;)

Thank you; i've been pretty reluctant about looking into the Dell 2007WFP because a lot of people have said the colours look washed out due to the anti-glare coating, but i think you've changed my opinion on the matter (you should feel proud because i don't usally budge!). Will the Dell look any less vibrant or responsive than the Samsung? Do you know of any comparitive reviews of the 2 monitors?

Thank you for all of your help, i really appreciate it.
 
Thank you; i've been pretty reluctant about looking into the Dell 2007WFP because a lot of people have said the colours look washed out due to the anti-glare coating, but i think you've changed my opinion on the matter (you should feel proud because i don't usally budge!). Will the Dell look any less vibrant or responsive than the Samsung? Do you know of any comparitive reviews of the 2 monitors?

Thank you for all of your help, i really appreciate it.
Wow..don't let just my opinion sway you.:p What I can tell you is that I prefer the glossy coating for gaming/movies but since the NEC isn't one of your choices then you are left with anti-glare for all the rest. Personally I have a 2007WFP and also an Acer Ferrari F-20....the F-20 looks awesome and the glossy coating makes the colors look great but I use the Dell on my primary rig because it's better suited for all around daily use. You see...when surfing the web, gaming or anything else, I like to kick back in my leather highback and prop my feet on the desk....switching sides occasionally which makes the swivel stand on the Dell a godsend. Also since I alternate between pc gaming and my 360 with this monitor it is simply a matter of using the button on the front to switch inputs. With the Acer you have to access the OSD to switch and the buttons are hidden on the side of the panel. I would suggest the Acer for your needs but I'm pretty sure we have the opposite of the NEC thing going on....the North American F-20 doesn't have the tv tuner and is around $400 while the Euro model comes with tuner/remote and retails much higher and in my mind is probably not worth paying too much. (unless you're a huge F1/Ferrari fan)
 
Wow..don't let just my opinion sway you.:p What I can tell you is that I prefer the glossy coating for gaming/movies but since the NEC isn't one of your choices then you are left with anti-glare for all the rest. Personally I have a 2007WFP and also an Acer Ferrari F-20....the F-20 looks awesome and the glossy coating makes the colors look great but I use the Dell on my primary rig because it's better suited for all around daily use. You see...when surfing the web, gaming or anything else, I like to kick back in my leather highback and prop my feet on the desk....switching sides occasionally which makes the swivel stand on the Dell a godsend. Also since I alternate between pc gaming and my 360 with this monitor it is simply a matter of using the button on the front to switch inputs. With the Acer you have to access the OSD to switch and the buttons are hidden on the side of the panel. I would suggest the Acer for your needs but I'm pretty sure we have the opposite of the NEC thing going on....the North American F-20 doesn't have the tv tuner and is around $400 while the Euro model comes with tuner/remote and retails much higher and in my mind is probably not worth paying too much. (unless you're a huge F1/Ferrari fan)

Wow, the Acer F-20 is over £500 (that's about $1000 at the current exchange rate, right?). I know the Dell boasts a whole load of features which are a selling point for most people but, for me, i really don't need them. This is why i think a lot of the Dell's features are going to be wasted (apart from height adjustability), since i will use it only for PC gaming. Hmm, i just wish there was a store nearby where i could see them; that's the problem with living in the UK: there's a lack of "enthusiast" electronics stores. Anyway, i think i will just go for the Samsung 206BW now i've given it more thought, unless you know of any other cheap 20" widescreens worth considering. For gaming, what advantagous does an S-IPS monitor offer over a TN-film monitor? Increased view angles are not important, because i'll be looking at it straight on.

Is your 2007WFP and F-20 positioned near each other?
 
They're in different rooms...I rarely use the pc that the F-20 is hooked up to. (guest room) I've really never owned a Samsung monitor so I couldn't say...many people seem to be pleased with them however.
 
Is the lotto still going on or is the S-ISP not being shipped anymore?

I ordered one yesterday, so I'll let you know when I get it in a few days. I'm hoping that it's a S-IPS, but if not, it's no big deal since I have a 2407 as a primary anyways.
 
I decided not to play the lottery for the dell 2007 ultrasharp panel...

Now, my choice lies between the LG226WT, the Samsung 226BW, or the HP 2207. However, I think I'll have to pass on the hp 2207 because it is a glossy screen and I would get way too much reflection in the screen. On the other hand, I could move my desk around so that I don't get reflection in the screen...

Now, which one is the better one... that is the question.
 
I decided not to play the lottery for the dell 2007 ultrasharp panel...

Now, my choice lies between the LG226WT, the Samsung 226BW, or the HP 2207. However, I think I'll have to pass on the hp 2207 because it is a glossy screen and I would get way too much reflection in the screen. On the other hand, I could move my desk around so that I don't get reflection in the screen...

Now, which one is the better one... that is the question.
The Samsung 226BW also has a lottery thing going on (thread here somewhere) so you might want to cross that one off also.
 
I decided not to play the lottery for the dell 2007 ultrasharp panel...

Now, my choice lies between the LG226WT, the Samsung 226BW, or the HP 2207. However, I think I'll have to pass on the hp 2207 because it is a glossy screen and I would get way too much reflection in the screen. On the other hand, I could move my desk around so that I don't get reflection in the screen...

Now, which one is the better one... that is the question.

Out of the LG, Samsung and HP i'd definitely get the latter. Unfortunately, the w2207 isn't available in the UK; if it was, i'd have gotten it in a shot.

I wouldn't rule out the Dell 2007WFP just because there's a lottery on it. I mean, even if you do get the VA panel (sorry, i can't remember exactly what panel it is), it's still better than the TN-film panels used on the other 2 monitors.
 
Back
Top