Dell 2007WFP + Xbox 360 (VGA)

SargeZA

n00b
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone using this combination is experiencing any video tearing. The 2407 apparently has video tearing, especially when 1:1 mode is selected.

Thanks
Sarge

I have a 2005fpw, its just the previous 20" widescreen model, there is no tearing when I play. I don't understand how tearing is possible on an xbox 360 as far as I know the xbox 360 will not do above 60hrz and any LCD or TV will do 60hrz.

munkle said:
I have a 2005fpw, its just the previous 20" widescreen model, there is no tearing when I play. I don't understand how tearing is possible on an xbox 360 as far as I know the xbox 360 will not do above 60hrz and any LCD or TV will do 60hrz.

I think its because of the scaling of the different resolution that introduces the tearing. Seems like the Faroudja chip on the newer Dell's is actually detrimental to the image.

darkswordsman17 said:
I think its because of the scaling of the different resolution that introduces the tearing. Seems like the Faroudja chip on the newer Dell's is actually detrimental to the image.
If that were so it should be best with a 1:1 image because it isnt scaling anything but applying the image to exact same amount of pixels the resolution is, and not filling the screen. Hmm.. oh well.

So is the component still broken? Some side by side pictures of the component xbox 360 vs VGA xbox360 would be SO appreciated you would not believe it.

PYROTAK said:
So is the component still broken? Some side by side pictures of the component xbox 360 vs VGA xbox360 would be SO appreciated you would not believe it.

How can you hook up via component to the 2007?

I have a little tearing on my FW900 CRT with xbox 360. But not on my PC. I thought it was due to the Xbox 360's refresh rate. I also get a weird ghosting effect when I spin the camera in a circle really really fast. An object will sort of mirror split. Also only happens with the 360.

xenogears said:
You don't cause it doesn't have any component inputs. Only the 2407 does.

Is there any convertor or adaptor you can use?

Also what are the best colour settings for this monitor w/ the 360?

Back