Dell 2007wfp Redesign!!!

Here is a picture from dells website of the dell 2007wfp. the style has been changed and they have added 1 component input and a 9 in 2 card-reader!! So far the 2407 model looks unchanged but that may change. Unfortunatley there was no picture of the front of it.
2007WFP_connector.jpg

Is this a confirmed redesign? I would assume so, since its on the site and all. I would love to have component inputs. I hope thats the version they sent for my replacement!

What the hell...component is good and I don't care about the slight change in colors but that stand looks like crap now. That was one of the strong suits of the old model (one I have) imo..

I guess as soon as someone gets a hold of one, we can figure out if dell has figured out the component inputs. And if the components work, we can begin complaining to high hell why the 2407's don't work right.

Does anybody know what dell would do if you had just bought a monitor from them and then a new model is released. Would they let you exchange it for the new model?

ATW said:
I assume the lottery will continue even with the redesign?
It will probably end and be straight up S-PVA.....how else are they going to redesign and still charge the same price?

looks like the stand now uses standard VESA mounting holesso you could use the stand with other montiors. Would've been hot if I do the same with the sexy old 2007 stand.

At first I thought the height adjustment was gone, but it's a different mechanism now. It's definitely a simpler solution but I wonder if it can keep heights well.

Does anyone have any updates on this?
I really want to know if this information on the webpage is correct and whether I should go ahead and purchase one.

the vesa mount skrews have a distance of 10cm...from that you could calculate the height and width of the monitor..in which case points to a much larger dimension than 2007wfp or even 2407wfp...Therefore it is likely to be the 2707wfp.

Well if I were to order this, do you think Dell would send the 2707 or just the old 2007?

Hope to get a 2707 for the price of 2007.... good luck ... from the invoice ... they should only send you a 2007wfp.. save the webpage and claim false advertisment???...

I am going to a local dell kiosk today and am going to take them into the interogation room and figure out the truth. sorry I watch to mutch "24" :D

Volucris said:
Well if I were to order this, do you think Dell would send the 2707 or just the old 2007?

Just another mistake by Dell. Strange they still haven't taken that pic down yet. Don't order if you are expecting to get the 27". It is false advertisement to me. I betmore than a few people have ordered thinking they will get component input.

can i just ask (total noob at things like this) but what can you exactly connect to the composite inputs and the component connector?

Volucris said:
I seriously hope you're not serious :p Good luck with that especially since I already posted before you the thread where the myth is busted.

AY786 said:
can i just ask (total noob at things like this) but what can you exactly connect to the composite inputs and the component connector?
Composite is pretty much obsolete and useless but it's still good for a quick hook up of a digicam or something like that...component can be used for consoles or dvd players and such.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but how do DVI and HDMI vary (besides physical connectors), and how is HDMI better?

joemama said:
No, in order from worst to best:
Composite
S-video
Component
DVI
HDMI

Just nitpicking, but aren't DVI and HDMI both pure digital signals, with the only difference being the HDMI also carries audio?

Yes hdmi and dvi are the same except for the fact that hdmi has sound. Composite inputs are useful for older systems I guess, like the sega dreamcast, nintendo 64 or xbox. Component can be used for the xbox 360.

My above mentioned "24" style interrogation was sucessful. The Dell rep confirmed that the picture to be of a new model of the 2007wfp. Im get'n it. Reviews and pics to come!! :cool:

well I usually dont believe what they say anyway. But I am really hoping this is redesigned because I can actually afford it.

Back