• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2007wfp Glare Coating Question

VladimirS

n00b
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
13
Does the 2007wfp have the same reddish anti-glare coating as the 2005fpw? I used to have the 2005fpw but the coating drove me mad and I gave it away as a present.
 
I just recieved mine today and yes it does have a horrible anti-glare coating...but I don't know if I would call it "reddish". To me it seems to have pretty much the same anti-glare coating that many panels use which gives it a "fuzzy" look. I haven't had time to play with it much yet and I plan to calibrate with my Spyder2 tonight. Right now though I much prefer my Acer F-20 with it's glossy coating but I will post a comparison thread at some point.
 
joemama said:
I just recieved mine today and yes it does have a horrible anti-glare coating...but I don't know if I would call it "reddish". To me it seems to have pretty much the same anti-glare coating that many panels use which gives it a "fuzzy" look. I haven't had time to play with it much yet and I plan to calibrate with my Spyder2 tonight. Right now though I much prefer my Acer F-20 with it's glossy coating but I will post a comparison thread at some point.

I don't know how anyone can stand that glossy coating. A glossy coating defeats one of the best advantages an LCD has over a CRT. That advantage is no glare.
 
Dan_D said:
I don't know how anyone can stand that glossy coating. A glossy coating defeats one of the best advantages an LCD has over a CRT. That advantage is no glare.
I don't consider "glare" and "reflective" to be the same. The glossy coating is reflective if you have a direct light source in front of the panel but isn't what I consider distracting and certainly doesn't make the panel unuseable. To each his own...this new Dell will make the 4th anti-glare lcd I've owned (2 Viewsonics, 1 BenQ and now the Dell) and I strongly prefer the glossy screen on the Acer F-20. It has "clarity" and gives colors a richness whereas the AG panels tend to look a little washed out and fuzzy to me.
 
Back
Top