Dell 2007fpw vs Viewsonic VX2025wm for ghosting?

james111

Limp Gawd
This question is mainly for the hardcore ghosting freaks who have actually used both monitors.
Have you noticed a difference between the two?

Please I love people with no experience or just a bad eye.
The vx2025 does have ghosting. It is pretty bad but normal for lcds.
Never seen the 2007 so i cant judge which one is better but im guessing its impossibal to tell the difference anyway because they have the same rs times.

These monitors have 16 ms but they state 8 ms becuase thats there grey to grey. If you want a good monitor stay in single digits. Only one out there is the nec but thats crazy expensive. Or for widescreen fans.. you gonna have to wait.

wow on that test page nec doesnt looks as good as i thought it would be. Guess they lie about their stats.
And i dont know what your saying the vx2025 looks one of the best and its one of the cheapest. Im actually glade. I would rather save 200 dollers and get the vx2025.
And you cant beat CRT's
If those tests are true that scared me. Some of those 16 ms are better then the 5ms.

[CaM]Spoon said:
Please I love people with no experience or just a bad eye.
The vx2025 does have ghosting. It is pretty bad but normal for lcds.
Never seen the 2007 so i cant judge which one is better but im guessing its impossibal to tell the difference anyway because they have the same rs times.

These monitors have 16 ms but they state 8 ms becuase thats there grey to grey. If you want a good monitor stay in single digits. Only one out there is the nec but thats crazy expensive. Or for widescreen fans.. you gonna have to wait.

wow on that test page nec doesnt looks as good as i thought it would be. Guess they lie about their stats.
And i dont know what your saying the vx2025 looks one of the best and its one of the cheapest. Im actually glade. I would rather save 200 dollers and get the vx2025.
And you cant beat CRT's
If those tests are true that scared me. Some of those 16 ms are better then the 5ms.

Hey, do you have a vx2025? Or have you used one?
Because in all honesty (I have owned a vx2025 for quiet awhile) I haven't seen any ghosting.
Right now the main games I'm playing are F.E.A.R. and nfsmw. My eye's aren't bad.

I also owned a VX2025 and I experienced "mild" ghosting on DVD movies not likely in gaming.

Gaming is good in that monitor!

Don_1 said:
I have the vx2025 and I don't have any ghosting.

So, how can you have much less ghosting when there is none to begin with?

If you took the time to look at the pictures, you would realise that all of the monitors have ghosting, some more noticable than others. Try to be objective, the thread starter doesn't want some subjective opinion of someone desperately trying to repress their buyers remorse.

Don_1 said:
Hey, do you have a vx2025? Or have you used one?
Because in all honesty (I have owned a vx2025 for quiet awhile) I haven't seen any ghosting.
Right now the main games I'm playing are F.E.A.R. and nfsmw. My eye's aren't bad.

It takes getting used to. When I first got my Sony SDM-X73 in 11/2003 I thought it was great. I saw a bit of blurring in some games, but not enough to bother me. It wasn't until I got really, really used to looking at an LCD instead of a CRT that I started to see it, and now I see it everywhere, and on all sorts of panels. Shit, I see some trailing on my pals' VX922, a panel rated at 2ms.

Your eyes are great, I'm sure. They just aren't trained.

Back