Dell 2007FPW or LG L204WT

bk2006

n00b
I want to hear from people who have owned both or at least one and seen the other hopefully...

Right now I can get the LG for $369.99 - $400 + tax = about $352
OR I can get the Dell for $391.43 shipped.

I think I am going to order today sometime, and am leaning towards the Dell. The only thing that I worry about is getting through to Dell customer service, since I have had to do that before. What is their policy on dead/stuck pixels? If I get even one can I return/exchange it?

Thanks

Well, it depends on what you plan to use the monitor for. If you are into graphic and picture quality, well I don't suggest you the Lg. I bought it, tried it, hate it, taking it back. I am thinking of getting the dell has it has a s-ips panel :)

molsoncanadian said:
Well, it depends on what you plan to use the monitor for. If you are into graphic and picture quality, well I don't suggest you the Lg. I bought it, tried it, hate it, taking it back. I am thinking of getting the dell has it has a s-ips panel :)
I use my monitor for all-around use: games, movies, videos, video/picture editing, internet, work(word processing, spreadsheets, etc.). I am leaning towards the Dell because it is an IPS which should be a bit better for all around use than the TN panel on the LG, but I just wanted to hear some users opinions who have used both. Read through all the threads I could find on both, but didn't see anything from people who have experience with both.

bk2006 said:
I use my monitor for all-around use: games, movies, videos, video/picture editing, internet, work(word processing, spreadsheets, etc.). I am leaning towards the Dell because it is an IPS which should be a bit better for all around use than the TN panel on the LG, but I just wanted to hear some users opinions who have used both. Read through all the threads I could find on both, but didn't see anything from people who have experience with both.

If the LG 204 uses the same scaling chip as their 2ms 1970HR then I would not recommend it. The 1970's scaling chip is awful and has some real problems with video. But on the other hand the Dell has had so many revisions and it looks like there will be more so i would not go that route either.

the lg uses a new 8bit panel, great for gaming and still has good image quality. i paid 279$ for mine and love it!!!

I don't have experience with both, but I have the 2007. It's awesome, and I'm glad I got it. It's great for games/internet, but I haven't really watched any movies on it.

If you're not too concerned about being able to return it you could get it quite a bit cheaper on ebay. That can be a crapshoot, but that's how I got mine and I haven't had any problems.

Dell 2007wfp easily. I have it and it's a freaking great monitor. Best 20 inch widescreen in its pricerange.

Back