Dell 2007fp refurbished 113.35 shipped AC @ DFS

invasian

Limp Gawd
Link
Dell financial services have some 2007fp in stock for 119.20 + 17.99 shipping - 20% coupon Monitor20$Psale bringing it to 113.35 shipped. Can't guarantee if it's IPS or PVA.

oooo. SUPER TEMPTING!!! I have been looking for one of these to go next to my 3008wfp, I currently have a 17" which is ok its about 2" too short so is it worth $113 for 2" veritcally? I guess I will have to figure that out.

Last edited:
If it's pva how bad will it be turned sideways (doesn't pva colorshift go sideways instead of horizontal?)?

Awesome deal...but my poor eyesight tricked me, I saw 3007 and almost had a heart attack.

What is DFS Direct Sales?

EDIT - Nevermind.

How good are these really? Thinking about upgrading my 19" to get a better resolution. 1440x900 sucks.

Dell Financial Services

These are basically off lease equipment.

This is what worries me, they say refurbished but I'm sure it's not a factory like refurbish because they weren't returned as defective or what not, so my bet is that they will have minor scuffs and scratches.

Most of the 2007fp's sold through DFS have IPS panels. Occasionally they will get a batch in that are PVA's, though. (yes, Dell changed up the panels used in these w/o changing the model #) There's no way to know pre-sale.

The way to tell what panel is in your monitor is:

If the serial # ends in "L" its an IPS panel manufactured by LG.

If the serial # ends in "S" its a PVA panel manufactured by Samsung

I got one from DFS a few weeks ago for $111. They come in regularly but get snapped up pretty quick. The one I got was an IPS. A few dead pixels, and a slight blemish on the bezel, but nothing too bad. I have it parked next to my u3011. I'll be getting a second one down the road.

For those who jumped on this deal, I'm curious what panels these turn out to be.

Crap I have been looking for a 2007wfp and just got my taxes back HMMMM lol. If only tripple monitor gamming worked with my 30 and 2 20"s grr.

Oh man, it's a good thing tomorrow is payday. I just splurged and bought 3x 2007WFP's for myself for my B-Day (that's my excuse when the Gf asks :p). As an Eyefinity and IPS noob, I expect to be wowed when these show up. :D Thanks OP!

How do these compare to the 2408 WFP?

ya.. the 2408wfp has the worst input lag if I recall correctly:( But for $200 on 24 inch S-PVA monitor with 1920x1200 resolution, it's a steal. I might still consider this if they still have it by next week.

ya.. the 2408wfp has the worst input lag if I recall correctly:( But for $200 on 24 inch S-PVA monitor with 1920x1200 resolution, it's a steal. I might still consider this if they still have it by next week.

I bought a 2408 WFP from someone on the forums here last month. My other monitors are 1920x1080, so I eventually want to get a couple more monitors with the same resolution for Eyefinity/NVSurround.

I do photo and video work too though so I want to get something that can be calibrated similar to my 2408.

I picked up two last week and both were PVA and both were defective. One had two bright yellow boxes on the top left and top right of the screen (about the size of a penny).

Another had a really bad backlight--wasn't even close to 30% of the brightness of the other monitor at max.

Was hoping to exchange but it seems all they do are returns. Oh well.

I picked up two last week and both were PVA and both were defective. One had two bright yellow boxes on the top left and top right of the screen (about the size of a penny).

Another had a really bad backlight--wasn't even close to 30% of the brightness of the other monitor at max.

Was hoping to exchange but it seems all they do are returns. Oh well.
Not surprising they don't offer exchanges. These are used/refurb parts so they can't guarantee a supply.

Still waiting to see if my actually ships. Picked up one of the 24s and now they are OOS and it has been days with no shipping notification:(

According to Dell, it takes them 2-3 business days to process the order after payment has cleared. I still haven't received a shipping notice for my monitors yet (ordered on the 24th).

Are the 2007FP's the ones that line up really well in Portrait with the 3007WFP? If so then it saddens me that I missed out on this deal. :(

I game on a 2408WFP and have 0 problems...not everyone is as affected by the perceived input lag. Not saying mine doesn't have it, it's just that either a) I adjusted to it, b) isn't as big of a deal as some people claim, c) isn't on ALL 2408WFPs, or d) pick your own excuse ;-)

I game on a 2408WFP and have 0 problems...not everyone is as affected by the perceived input lag. Not saying mine doesn't have it, it's just that either a) I adjusted to it, b) isn't as big of a deal as some people claim, c) isn't on ALL 2408WFPs, or d) pick your own excuse ;-)

When I first started gaming on my 2408WFP, there was a noticable input lag. After about 15 minutes of gaming (and a bunch of negative points for shooting teammates) I adjusted to it. It doesn't bother me one bit now.

For anyone interested in the quality of these, I thought I'd update this with what I received. Well it appears I lost the panel lottery and got a PVA. There was a small black mark on the stand. I did not actually open the panel itself because I was primarily interested in an IPS and will likely resell.

Mine arrived a day or two ago, also got an S serial #(PVA panel) Don't really care though, this monitor will just be in portraid mode next to my 3007, holding excel/chrome/itunes/IM/etc windows leaving all 2560x1600 pixels of my main monitor to production(cad/cs5/etc) apps.

I just received two Dell 2007FPb rev A05 monitors from Dell Financial Services. They function flawlessly, and are in nearly new condition. Cost for each was $82 plus state sales tax with free shipping. I used a 25% discount code to get this price.

Since these monitors were mfg in May 2008, I guess they probably just came off of a three year lease.

I just received two Dell 2007FPb rev A05 monitors from Dell Financial Services. They function flawlessly, and are in nearly new condition. Cost for each was $82 plus state sales tax with free shipping. I used a 25% discount code to get this price.

Since these monitors were mfg in May 2008, I guess they probably just came off of a three year lease.

Wheres the coupon?

I believe the coupon he is referring to was a stackable 25% off coupon for the 4th of July that is now expired.

Back