• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

dell 2007 user comments?!

boardsportsrule

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2003
Messages
1,107
any one bought either the dell 2007fp, or 2007wfp? i know many users were waiting for it to come out, i would like to see how it stacks up to the vx2025wm, those are the two i am debating purchasing, what do you guys think?
 
Me too... I hoped the last order of LCD at my workplace are 2007fp but it turned out to be the Benq due to pricing issues :(
 
Ordered mine Tuesday, shipped last night, and will be here on Monday...but no computer for the whole weekend after selling my 2005. Damn.
 
Well I just received my 2007FP to replace my 2001FP.

First impressions:

The image is as beautifully sharp as with the 2001FP however the colors seem much more vibrant. I assume this is due to significantly higher contrast which I’ve missed quite a bit after moving from the 1905FP with a PVA panel to the 2001FP S-IPS. So it has almost the contrast of the 1905FP with the sharpness of the 2001FP therefore I’m quite pleased.

As far as any backlight bleeding, I cannot tell yet since it’s still daytime and I cannot darken the room enough.

I see no dead pixels so far.

Build wise:

The stand has a smaller footprint which is nice, and it looks quite good, however it lost some of the height adjustability so I cannot raise it as much (still it’s mobile enough).

I was a bit disappointed about its borders since in the pictures they look much thinner than the old ones but they are not. However they are flat so they intrude less.

It has the power adaptor built in so no more power brick - yay. It also produces less heat so far (the 2001FP used to get quite warm).


About the HDCP issue: I called Dell and they assured me that the monitor is HDCP compliant.
 
I am pretty sure that my 2007WFP is defective, but here's my impression of it.

My particular monitor is very very blurry when compared to a Samsung 193p and Dell 2001fp. I tried running over vga and dvi using the default cables and the image remains very very blurry. I tried a 130 dollar monster DVI cable that I use on one of my TVs and it doesn't help at all. I was just using a Dell 2005fpw last week and the image was beautiful. So I am pretty sure that the monitor I received is defective. It's still too sunny out to truly test backlight bleed, but by making my room as dark as possible in my room it looks like there is some in both of the upper corners. I think I received a 2007wfp that's as defective as they come. Even the 4 year old NEC 791sb crt that I have laying around renders clearer text. That's how bad the blur is. I wish everyone a better experience that me with this monitor.
 
well the pixel pich on that 2001FP is a bit smaller so it should be a bit sharper than the 2007FPW however the difference should be very small. It sounds like you just got a lemmon. Ah well that is warranties are for so just call Dell and ask for an advanced replacement.

good luck with the new one.
 
Back
Top