• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005fpw - Warranty Usage

KuJaX

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 8, 2001
Messages
15,783
Hey Everyone,

My friend has a Dell 2005fpw monitor that he did not originally purchase from Dell, so he does not have the receipt. It has been acting kind of silly lately (blank screen, then there, then blank, then there) and I have had him check all the cords, switch cords around, etc and it has still managed to do that.

Now this discussion has come up a few times. How can he get this 2005fpw monitor RMA'd to Dell if he didnt buy it originally from Dell? Some people said they just called a specific Dell number and they took care of it without any receipt or questions. Anyone know about this? Anyone know what number(s) for him to call? Thanks
 
Juic3 said:
And you got this from where ? :rolleyes:


Get the original owner to transfer the ownership to your friend:
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

And what do you put in the service tag or express code since the dell 2005fpw doesnt have either.

When I called last night and got to the India call center, a lady told me to go there and fill it out and just put "2005fpw" in service tag column. I say "and thats that?" and she said yep. I hung up the phone, tried it, and it said invalid service tag. I tried "2005 fpw" "2005" "monitor" everything and nothing worked.
 
KuJaX said:
And what do you put in the service tag or express code since the dell 2005fpw doesnt have either.

When I called last night and got to the India call center, a lady told me to go there and fill it out and just put "2005fpw" in service tag column. I say "and thats that?" and she said yep. I hung up the phone, tried it, and it said invalid service tag. I tried "2005 fpw" "2005" "monitor" everything and nothing worked.

They told me to put in "NA" in service tag.
 
Back
Top