• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005FPW screen burn-in???

GRAFiZ

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
3,210
From the old post below about the 2001's, showing the burn in after a few minutes of high contrast displayed I decided to try something.

I created a black backround and then wrote dell in white using paint. I let it sit for a few mintutes then loaded an all black screen back up.

I was actually able to see the dell that I had written before, it showed up as a very faint blue color. It appears though that after a few minutes it has dissapeared and everything is back to normal.

Am I missing something? I thought LCD's didnt suffer from burn-in, I thought that problem was mainly with plasma screens.

Anyhow, I guess it's not really burn in as the image was fine after a few minutes. So I assume that high contrast stimulated the pixels showing the white so much that it continues to glow for even a few minutes after the white is removed from the screen.

...of couse, it could have all been an optical illusion as it was very faint. Maybe I only thought I saw it.

Anyhow, anyone have any thoughts???
 
I'm no expert on LCD screens, but I will tell you this. If what you think was a "burned" image disappeared and your monitor looked normal in a few minutes, you didn't experience burn in. "Burn in" is a permanent disfiguring of the monitor that is even visable when the monitor is off. It is permantent damage done to the pixel that is irreversible. This might be a slight (or major) ghosting affect that you are seeing.

Does that help any?
 
Try it on a regular crt monitor and see if it happens

It could just be an optical illusion, if you look at a bright light and then turn off all the lights you will still see light still.
 
Back
Top