• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005fpw s-video question

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
If i happen to connet my gamecube or Xbox to the S-video of the monitor, will the image look decent or will the fact that it is interlaced really hurt the image? I have always wondered this, and truthfully its one of the reasons i have not yet purchased a new LCD. Also, how does the scaling work? I would be playing them in 480i, but i would love to convert them up to take the full screen, does anyone have any experience with how this looks? Thanks guys, really appreciate any responses here, im ready to order.
 
I've connected my ps2 to my 2005fpw and it looks fine. If the fact that it is interlaced bothers you, you could always buy an external de-interlacer. As for scaling, if it's a 4:3 game you can play it in 4:3 with black bars. Just because it's a widescreen monitor doesn't mean it has to be 16:9 for everything. If that is unacceptable you can stretch it out, but there is no way to make games that weren't designed for 16:9 be 16:9.

HD gaming I couldn't really tell you about, I haven't done any of that sort of thing yet. However it shouldn't be a big deal, as long as the monitor is capeable of the rez. I think the monitor doubles well as a TV the issues that it has may just be having to buy additional hardware (like a deinterlacer, or HD tuner or whatever else you want it to do).
 
Back
Top