• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005fpw problem

TekSomniaK

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
1,144
For some reason on a pretty frequent basis whenever I leave my computer and the monitor turns off after like 30 minutes, sometimes I can't get it to kick back on. Anyone know why this is? I have a CRT hooked up to the same card as well and it never happens to it. Could it be because I'm running SLI or is a DVI problem? When I can't get it to kick back on I have to hard reboot my computer and I just can't have that, especially if I needed to get back to something important.
 
It may be that windows is automatically turning it off.
Start > Control Panel > Power Options, set "turn off monitor" to never.
 
Weird, it was already set to never yet both monitors turn off after a length of time (by that I mean they come back on after activity like moving the mouse)
 
Back
Top