• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005FPW owners quick question today only!!!

jddesigned

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
59
Hey guys need a quick answer if possible. Dell.ca have the 2005 on for $499cdn today which is a crazy deal up here and I'm about to pull the trigger on one but need to know something real quick.

I had the Samsung 204T and the motion blur drove me nuts. I also owned the Hyundai L90D+ and the gaming was awsome but graphic design was terrible. Now I know there's a million threads on the 2005 and I've read through em, but straight up: Is the 2005's 12ms better than most 16ms?

Just give me your personal opinions straight out if ya can. I would love the desktop space for working in flash and photoshop, but I do game 50% of the time.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all!
 
either you like lcds or you dont. For me on my 2005, everything just seemed jerky. There was a terrible amount of tearing and I personally thought it ran like crap. If you have to have an lcd then jump on it, for viewing the internet, and running rts's its fine, but it wont run a fps that well. I prefer a crt to it any day of the week.
 
I used to have 2 1905FPs (20ms) from Dell and the ghosting made me nuts!!! But I replaced them with a 2005FPW just last week and I have to tell you that I am very impressed with the 2005FPW. I have not noticed any ghosting so far, either on DVDs or HL2, which I play quite often. It does have some VERY minor backlight issue, but it's only noticeable to me if the room is pitch black AND I'm watching a black background.

Get one, I bet you won't be dissapointed.
 
I love my 2005FPW. Buy it from somewhere that you know you can exchange it, because it has some nasty bleeding problems on some screens. Im currently on the phone with dell getting a replacement :-/

Otherwise, its an awesome monitor.
 
See I think they have now added a 15% restocking fee on monitors, otherwise I would have jumped on it by now. Thanks.
 
I got my 2005FPW two weeks ago for $350 shipped. Best purchase I've ever made for my computer. I play CS all the time on it with no problems. Gaming in widescreen is also very nice. Personally, I feel very limited now using 4:3 monitors now.

Legion:Noc said:
either you like lcds or you dont. For me on my 2005, everything just seemed jerky. There was a terrible amount of tearing and I personally thought it ran like crap. If you have to have an lcd then jump on it, for viewing the internet, and running rts's its fine, but it wont run a fps that well. I prefer a crt to it any day of the week.

I have to agree here I notice a lot of tearing on LCDs in general. The tearing I notice on my 2005FPW is no worse than the tearing on my LCD1760V that I run right next to it. The image quality however is much better. Honestly, if the price is right I would get it. For what it's worse I'm looking forward to getting another one...
 
Couple questions before i jump.

1) What is the return process like? If im gonna blow this much on a monitor i want it perfect? Will they take it back for no fee if theres a dead pixel or something? If so do i have to pay to ship it back? I Read the TOS and they say you gotta pay a 15% retock fee for shipping/handeling on invoice, this deal has free shipping so im assumign thats free, but is there any other type of fee for returning? Do i have to ship the first one back before i get the next one? How many times will they let me excange it in the 20 day period?
 
Fenix793 said:
I got my 2005FPW two weeks ago for $350 shipped. Best purchase I've ever made for my computer. I play CS all the time on it with no problems. Gaming in widescreen is also very nice. Personally, I feel very limited now using 4:3 monitors now.



I have to agree here I notice a lot of tearing on LCDs in general. The tearing I notice on my 2005FPW is no worse than the tearing on my LCD1760V that I run right next to it. The image quality however is much better. Honestly, if the price is right I would get it. For what it's worse I'm looking forward to getting another one...

Tearing can be greatly reduced and/or even eliminated by just enablying vsync in your game settings...
 
jddesigned said:
See I think they have now added a 15% restocking fee on monitors, otherwise I would have jumped on it by now. Thanks.


it depends on the CSR you get

if you get an indian, they'll most likely try to screw you over

if you get an american then there most likely won't be a 15% restocking fee and you'll get free shipping.


this is what happened in my case today when i called in to return my 2005FPW for a full refund.
 
I've used to have both the 2005fpw and 2405fpw and easily noticed ghosting on both, very noticable to me, but my bro couldn't see any :S
I returned them both and now i'm back on my 19" crt.
 
I just received my Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1 yesterday, and I have severe backlighting issues as well, from all four corners, and especially from the bottom left and right corners. Plus the smaller text due to the 1600 by 1200 resolution I am using seems kind of blurry, like there is a shadow behind each character. My 17" LCD on my laptop is a million times clearer. What's up with that?
 
StanleyParker said:
I just received my Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1 yesterday, and I have severe backlighting issues as well, from all four corners, and especially from the bottom left and right corners. Plus the smaller text due to the 1600 by 1200 resolution I am using seems kind of blurry, like there is a shadow behind each character. My 17" LCD on my laptop is a million times clearer. What's up with that?

The 2005FPW only supports 1600x1050, maybe you mean that? Using the DVI connector on mine it's is crystal clear.
 
bokchoy said:
The 2005FPW only supports 1600x1050, maybe you mean that? Using the DVI connector on mine it's is crystal clear.

You mean it only supports 1680x1050.
 
Back
Top