• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005fpw light leakage question!

w00tMkay

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,464
I recently picked up a 2005fpw from dell, needless to say im not very inpressed with the quality of the display, at all. I am just wondering if i got a bad panel or are all of them this bad?
2005fpwleakage.jpg
 
Looks about the same as the one I received today. It's going back.

A03 Made in Mexico Jan 2006

-Flake
 
I just got mine as well and it has the same exact problem. I am really thinking about sending it back in hopes of a better one this weekend.
 
great, my two 2005fpws will be arriving today, and from what I see in this thread, I may have to send both back :mad:
 
are these backlights really that bad? I have one with no dead pixels and barely any backlight to the naked eye. However, when I take a picture of it, it looks worse than it is in real time use. Is that how your pictures are coming up, or can you see that kind of leakage with just your eyes in a dark room?
 
wow, and i was just on the site checking them out today. Not nice at all, good luck to ya, very dissapointing...
 
just received mine today...JAN A03 Bleeding at the right bottom, left top and bottom...Sending it back.....
 
Yeah, I called myself waiting for Viewsonics new widescreen but.....
I read that this backlight issue was resolved on the new revisions so I thought I would try out the Dell.
 
Hrmmm, this issue is a bummer....... I've been watching these 2005fpw threads for a few weeks now. Seems like it's luck of the draw, so I called there SmallBusiness line and gotta nice deal over the phone on 2 of these. Should get them by next Weds. at the latest. I'll post back with my experience. I really didn't ever anything Dell again, but it seems if ya get one your satisfied with there a nice monitor. We'll see..., should be a dramatic change for awhile after using this old Sony 17" CRT for 3yrs.
 
I got my two today, one is almost perfect but it does have two vertical lines down the center that are lighter than the other on a black screen. The other one has some slight bleeding in the right hand corner. I dunno, they just seem to not be as crisp in BF2 as my 19" CRT. Things look sort of pixelated, its hard to explain.
 
Got the replacement today...It has bleeding as well...not as good as I had first thought...seems worst after warm up.

2005fpw_small.jpg
 
Back
Top