• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005FPW Digital Drivers - Where?

six_storm

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
1,251
Hey everyone. I just recently got my 2005FPW in the mail today and am now a proud owner. However, I tried it out on my old gaming rig but could not get DVI to work. After loooking around the net and downloading the latest drivers from Dell.com (drivers on CD I think are the same), all I can seem to find are the analog drivers. Where in the world are the digital drivers at enable DVI?
 
Uh, look for your videocard drivers? DVI should work out of the box?
 
The video card drivers aren't what I'm talking about. Windows XP has drivers for your monitor and I need the right drivers for my 2005 FPW Digital. Get what I'm sayin? I know it should work but the only thing that comes up in my mointor properties is "Analog" (VGA, D-SUB)
 
I received drivers like this when I purchasd my Viewsonic CRT monitor, but I couldn't find drivers for my 2005FPW as well. I too need them if they are available.
 
are they on the disk that came with the lcd? cuz I have that around here somewhere, if there somehting you need off it i could send it to you(I didnt need any drivers when I hooked mine up tho it just worked...)
 
Are you saying you cannot get DVI to work at all? Or you just do not have the drivers for the digital/dvi usage of the 2005, but you can still display dvi video through the dvi?

Ross
 
you shouldn't need drivers for it...I didn't for mine. Did you make sure your on 'input 2'? you have to manually select what input your using on the monitor itself....
 
did you push the button on the display to change your display inut type?
I know the regular 20" require you do that when analog is changed to DVI :cool:
 
Ok, I have the DVI connectors on perfectly, I have pressed the button on the display to switch from RGB to DVI (# 2), I have tried different drivers.
 
Then it's probably your video card. It's DVI connection can't proivde a clean enough signal for high resolutions like 1680x1050.
 
6800 GT. Like I said before, I'm just trying it out on my old gaming rig, but I'll have it running on my new one towards the end of this week. Thanks for your help guys.
 
Back
Top