• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005FPW and PS2

BiggDaddi

n00b
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
42
Has anybody hooked up a ps2 to their 2005FPW? How does it look? Best way to do it?

Played Guitar Hero this weekend and i must have it. I only have the 2005FPW for my TV viewing pleasure (Beyond TV4).

Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
I used to but it looks pretty crappy to me.

Had to buy a cable that converts the red/white audio cables to a single analog plug to go into the line-in on my sound card. And of course the yellow goes to the 2005fpw.

If it's all you have it, it's okay, but if you have a real TV it looks better
 
Rats....

Will run the audio through my Stereo receiver using TOSlink....

How about S-Video?
 
BiggDaddi said:
Rats....

Will run the audio through my Stereo receiver using TOSlink....

How about S-Video?

Never tried it but I can't imagine it looking any better or worse than using the components like I tried
 
sitheris said:
Never tried it but I can't imagine it looking any better or worse than using the components like I tried

Actually, composite is the yellow video cable, component is the seperate green/red/blue cables for maximum video clarity which the 2005fpw doesn't have. It goes in this order

Worst Quality: RF Connector
Subpar Quality: Composite
Decent Quality: S-Video
Good Quality: Component
Excellent Quality: HDMI and/or HD video feed and equipment.
 
svideo always should look better than composite. I can tell you that I use svideo on a 2005 and it's still not great though

EDIT - Coldtronius : Good answer! ;)
 
ok ok .. lol. i always get component and composite mixed up, but w/e
 
Back
Top