• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2001fp

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
1,349
Dell 2001fp!

Can somebody post some pictures of gaming on this lcd from different angles. Also show other programs please. Thanks.
 
What do you mean different angles? Gaming will be the same as desktop usage as far as viewing angle. I'm not sure what the official viewing angles are from Dell, but I do know that I can see images on my 2001fp's at almost 90 degrees (as long as you can still see the screen, you can still see stuff). I use my scondary one for watching TV and I can see it fine from anywhere in the room (admittedly, it is a small room).
 
I owned a 2001fp briefly but couldnt get used to the very poor black levels ,its only rated 400:1 Contrast ratio and it definately shows ,If I were you'd i'd look for a newer model.

The high end CRT I was running next to it (Sony G520P) made it look very bad in all categories except text clarity.

g520p_2001fp.jpg
 
Wow that Dell looks really piss poor next to the Sony. I was kinda looking at that Dell too. Thank you for posting the pic that helped a lot!
 
The 2001FP has not been updated for some time now.

It really is as simple as that.
 
I'll toss in that if you are looking for a purely (or even mostly) gaming monitor, don't get a 2001fp. I have one, and have been less and less happy with it's gaming performance over time. Pretty much the same things everyone else cites: poor black levels, backlight leaking, and a bit of ghosting. It's excellent for work though (coding). =]

As someone else said, i thought i'd get used to it, but i was wrong. If you have the room, get a nice big CRT. If you have the money, look around for a newer, faster LCD (i'm going to go back to a CRT for games sometime soon, so i can't recommend any LCDs, sorry).
 
Back
Top