Dell 2001FP vs Viewsonic VP201B

Hyperacusis

Weaksauce
I'm looking to buy either of these monitors. The Viewsonic can be had for $969 on Newegg and the Dell for a bit more on dell.com, so price isn't really a factor. I know both LCDs use the same panel. Are there any real differences between the two? And how is each one at resolutions where the image has to be interpolated? (1280x1024 and so on - 2001FP users, could use your help here)

I'll be using the monitor primarily for gaming, mostly fast paced FPSes so any info would be appreciated before I take the plunge. I'm also especially sensitive to ghosting, I seem to be able to spot it on most LCDs. If you have either monitor, please reply and let me know what you think of it, and any qualms you may have with it. Thanks.

maximum pc had a review for both of those lcd's, the dell won, i forgot why though.

if you call dell small business, they will happily give you 20% off the 2001fp AND free shipping.

i just bought one yesterday, it was 846.94.

the dell won every review, hands down. ill still let you know how i feel about it when i get it, but for under 850 shipped, thats a hell of a deal

Yeah, I want to know about this too, been asking around but no answers... What I heard was Maximum PC said the interpolation on the VP201 was bad... But I think that's bullshit... Same panel and I asked this guy at Futuremark who has a VP201 and he says playing at non-native resolution is good... I think Maximum PC might have a little bias, look at how many Dell ads are there in that mag... :eek:

And to the guy above, I don't see any reviews comparing the both... Any links? The only review was from a commercial site, gamepc.com if i'm not mistaken... And it gave the VP201 high recommendation... But no direct comparison...

So anyone have either or both? Would like more feedback

The other significant difference between the two is that the 2001FP adds composite and S-Video inputs, which the VP201 does not have.

Back