Dell 2001FP or 2005FPW $507 Shipped or 1905FP $368 Shipped

Ordered mine few hours ago. Woohoo! Finally I can get rid of this heavy 19" brick.

BTW, does it come with a DVI cable or I have to get my own?

ChiMan said:
Ordered mine few hours ago. Woohoo! Finally I can get rid of this heavy 19" brick.

BTW, does it come with a DVI cable or I have to get my own?
Every LCD I've bought has come with one.

So promised myself that I wouldn't buy more stuff...there goes that plan! Got a 19".

Maybe it's a good thing that $55 coupon doesn't work. I would have been out another $550. heh!

Anyone know of another $55 off code?

apparently the $55 off $475 coupon has reached its limit. I did however, find a $45 off $425 purchase, so my second 2001fp is now ordered... :D
now I just need to buy a PCI video card with DVI output....

here's the code: $CV45CKS2J8D2P

$45 off $425 w/ coupon code: $CV45CKS2J8D2P

Not as good as 55$ off, but close. I just ordered the 2001FP with it.

-Heaton

J Macker said:
apparently the $55 off $475 coupon has reached its limit. I did however, find a $45 off $425 purchase, so my second 2001fp is now ordered... :D
now I just need to buy a PCI video card with DVI output....

here's the code: $CV45CKS2J8D2P
or a good card with dual DVI out
I've got a XFX 6600GT that has it, would be a nice upgrade from your 9800 Pro

let me know if interested

I just did it. I ordered a second one. Thanks for the hookups gang!

Hey, can anyone explain why my 2001FP looks better on my ATI9800Pro then it does on my NV6800U? (in 2D mode) Maybe I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison after the new one arrives.
w00t w00t!

re: DVI
FYI to the peeps getting their first one.
The 2001FP will only do 1280x1024 on a D-sub15 cable.

ok, what am i doing wrong, i get no discounts just free shipping.

my total comes up to 749 with free shippings

Did i miss this?

Also the 2001FP does do 1280x1024 on dvi, i know because i had a 2001fp with a 17" monitor in twinview and the 17 could only do 1280x1024 and in twinview mode i run both screens have to be same res.

In the bottom of the "my cart" page is a place to insert your coupons. You must put your coupons in there one at a time and then push the apply coupon to get the new price. The $55 off coupon has died so you will have to try the $45 off coupon along with the 25% off coupon before it dies if it hasn't already. Good luck.

Enter coupon 40F961WD2MTG0K for 25% off
Enter coupon $CV45CKS2J8D2P for $45 off

MrPG said:
Also the 2001FP does do 1280x1024 on dvi, i know because i had a 2001fp with a 17" monitor in twinview and the 17 could only do 1280x1024 and in twinview mode i run both screens have to be same res.

plz let me clarify.

the 2001FP Will Not do 1600x1200 on the D-sub15.
The highest it will go on D-sub15 is 1280x1024.

drizzt81 said:
25% off is good till the 24th.
$45 off has expired now.

25% off is still not bad but the deal is getting worse. It is already at the point that I can wait now. Last night it was hard not to purchase it right away...maybe I should have. But at least now I am not in trouble for impulse buying. heheh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to this. Why does Dell issue coupon offers without announcing them on their website? How does someone find out about them so that they can be listed on this forum?
Thanks

Must have a Dell Rep!!!!

Dell Flat Panel Monitors
Buy 2, Get 1 Free – Select Dell Performance Flat Panels!1 (shipping extra)
Choose from the 17” 1704FP, 19” 1905FP, and 20” 2001FP models.
Offers expire Friday, February 25th

for you guys that recently purchases FPs how is the backlight bleeding issue these days?

solotech said:
Must have a Dell Rep!!!!

Dell Flat Panel Monitors

Does that mean that the average person cannot use the coupon offer that is listed here?

Fireplay5 said:
In the bottom of the "my cart" page is a place to insert your coupons. You must put your coupons in there one at a time and then push the apply coupon to get the new price. The $55 off coupon has died so you will have to try the $45 off coupon along with the 25% off coupon before it dies if it hasn't already. Good luck.

I was doing this and entering the codes but they wouldn't apply, turns out these are for home/home business purchases and i was using a small business account I forgot was small business. I had setup a "small business" account months ago with my first purchases from dell chasing a couple of deals.

Took me a while to realize this, i had to go create a hom/home business account :/
get the %25 off and thats it, I may pass on this surely another will come along.

fore1337 said:
plz let me clarify.

aye, reading is fundamental :)

fore1337 said:
plz let me clarify.

D-sub15 = 15 pin analog?

Of course it'll do 1600x1200 on DVI, right? :eek:

Out of curiosity, do the 2001FP's that ship now still have the 'screen door' effect we've heard of?

Idleuser said:
huh? I ran the max resolution on both analog and digital on my 2001fp....
Same here.... Not sure what this thing about no 1600x1200 with d-sub is...

PurduEE said:
Same here.... Not sure what this thing about no 1600x1200 with d-sub is...

Musta been a limitation of the videocard I was using then. That was the only time I ever used an analog VGA signal on it.

killerasp said:
fuckkk......i gotta wait a whole week before that thing ships...wtf?!

I hear ya man. I just looked up the shipping date and first thought "Oh man, I won't get it until Wednesday? WAIT, it won't SHIP until Wednesday???"

:(

I just want to comment ship dates are "it will ship on or before," as I had ordered a 2005fpw back in January and it shipped several days ahead of the estimate.

the 2005fpw lcd are amazing! got mine yesterday from cvn ;)

better.bmp

solotech said:
Must have a Dell Rep!!!!

Dell Flat Panel Monitors
your own personal rep.. or any rep?

TimothyB said:
I just want to comment ship dates are "it will ship on or before," as I had ordered a 2005fpw back in January and it shipped several days ahead of the estimate.

You were right on the money! I got mine today!! WHEEEEEE

Hows the quality on this batch? Backlight issues?

I'll probably pick one up next time around if the quality has improved.

mine said it would ship thursday, but actually shipped this past saturday :) im happy
my crt monitor just died so couldnt pass up this deal, even though i bought another crt the day before and had to return it for the 15% restocking fee and didnt catch the 55 or 45 off :(

Got mine today, the Dell website said it would ship Wednesday. However, the AirborneExpress/DHL dude that delivered it just left it at my front door...and I'm in an apartment complex (and I was home, he didn't knock). What a maroon! I called tell and told them that their shipper sucks.

This monitor rocks! So much display room over my 19" CRT and it is smaller in footprint and weight. Crisp and clean at 1600x1200. So pretty.

Great deal to the dude that posted this, thanks!

Much to my surprise, I received mine today as well. I had actually called DHL at about 3:00 lastnight right before I went to bed asking whether or not it could be picked up. The woman told me it was scheduled for the 22nd and... no.

Anyway, it's here, my 2005FPW. I have no backlighting issues (I would've seen 'em on boot-up right?) and haven't found any dead pixels.

I am, however, having difficulty adjusting to its sharpness. It seems a bit fatiguing. Perhaps I don't have it setup ideally. One concern of mine was the rather large DVI plug. I kind of had to apply pressure to fit it into my videocard because my case allows hardly any space for it.

Many thanks to the poster, EnderW!

Apparently the deal is back up, as Dell has just released another $55 off coupon.

ZDCHTVW0BG390S

Back