Dell 20.1" & 24" Widescreens onsale today only at dell.ca ( canadian site )

Cruzzco

n00b
Hi Everyone,
Get them will there HOT !!!
Today only sale.
20.1" $549
24" $989
You have to use coupon the provide.
and of course pay the taxes ( free shipping )
Good Luck Everyone.
Cruzzco

2405 Clan here I come... its about time Dell Canada started selling these off.

Heya...

how does the 20'' widescreen fares in game?
I mean... it's ... widescreen... can you run games in widescreen???

Sorry.. I'm a noob :(

Vorret said:
Heya...

I have one and it runs great with the games that I play (guild wars, WoW, FarCry.)

Newer games are more likely to make use of wide screen resolutions.

thats funny cuz the game I play mostly are guild war and WoW ... guess I'm going to buy that baby

THanks for the help :)

Something on sale in canada, wtf?

most of the time there are dell flames about how there's nothing for sale in dell.ca, heh.

Vorret said:
Heya...

Depends on the game. Half Life2 & CS|Source runs in widescreen, as do the others mentioned above. Call of Duty does not run in widescreen- I tried stretching it to wide, but got frustrated, so I just play that with black bars on the left and right.

Are those prices in canadian dollars or US dollars. And is it possible to order these from the US?

They're in CAD.

$549 CAD = $467 US
$989 CAD = $843 US

Why would you want to order from the US?

Why would I want to order from the US? Because it's a good deal and it's been a while since Dell has done any sales on these bad boys...

edit: I guess you misunderstood me. What I meant to say is can I order these from dell.ca and have them shipped to the states?

I didn't misunderstand you. Why would you want to pay $467 when you can have it for $370, or pay $843 when you can get it for $700 ?

370? AFAIK that deal went away quite a while ago...unless you can point me in that direction.

Retail of the 20" LCD is 899 CAD or as for Dell USA, it's $749 USD. Dell USA currently has the LCD on sale for $561.75 USD, throw in some coupons, say 30% off and you'll get -$392.70 USD, throw in a $35 coupon and it becomes $357.70 USD.

357.70 x 1.22 (rate of Royal Bank Canada if you buy US funds) = $ 436.39 CAD

Now if you've read any reviews, you know that thing does NOT come in a small box, so I would estimate shipping to be about $50. Then think about the time it requires for the package to arrive at your American buddy's house, and wait again for the package to go from his house to your house. On the way, the package may be caught by customs, and chances are, they'll tax the item (14%). And don't even think about using UPS, the brokerage charges alone will kill you before the taxes set in. Mind you, the fees required to either wire or PayPal the money to your buddy.

Sure, we can order it from across the border for cheaper, but the hassle is sometimes not worth it. Likewise, ordering for Dell USA CAN save A LOT of money. A few weeks ago I asked my cousin in Boston to purchase a Dell 700M notebook (2 GB of ram, 80 GB hdd, 1.8 ghz cpu, DVD burner, extended battery). Boston having no tax, and along with a $750 + free shipping coupon, I managed to save well over $1000+ compared to purchasing from Dell Canada.

And yes, I purchased the 2005FPW today from Dell Canada. I'd say it was a good deal.

generelz said:
Are those prices in canadian dollars or US dollars. And is it possible to order these from the US?
I'm sorry dude, but this just deserves an ellipsis. You understand, I'm sure.

I've been waiting for this deal forever. I just bought one of each, the one that I find more suited to my needs I will keep, and my father gets the other one. :D Finally!

I got my 2005FPW for $390 straight from dell, I'd have to say this is warm.

That's because you live in the US. We NEVER see deals like that in Canada, so for us, this is pretty freakin' sweet.

Back