• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

dell 1907fp anyone?

Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
613
I just realized the existence of this lcd. Is it new? How does it compare to the 1905fp? I did a quick search and found it for sale for $339 and the 1905fp was about $285. I can't find any reviews on it other than on cnet. From what I can tell it has bad viewing angles so I'm guessing it's a TN panel. I will probably get a 1905fp from dell unless somewhere here would suggest something better. I have yet to hear anything bad about the 1905fp and even though it is an older monitor, at least I won't at any risk fo receiving a bad monitor. So far I can't decide on any of the newer 19" monitors as either there aren't enough reviews or there's something annoyingly bad about them.
 
Hah your post is exactly how I feel.

I read some long thread about the dell 07 and everyone came to the conlcusion that the 07 is infact a 6 bit TN panel. don't have a link for you though.

I also want to go with an 05 because of its 8 bit...but I hear that some may have been made with a samsung and another with AU optics. And theres no way you can choose which one you get.

Are they both the same? anyone know? Let me know what you end up deciding on.
 
Just to give some information. I just baught the 1907FP and yes, it is certainly 6bit. I'm thinking of returning it because I don't like the display quality for movies, pictures, etc. Quality of the monitor itself is very good though, and using it for desktop / browsing is certainly good enough.
I also recently tested a 1905FP. Color was much better (8bit) but it was a bit too slow for my taste, I could see some ghosting while watching a movie.

hope this helps.
 
Back
Top