• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 1905fp review

g|aSsJaw

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2003
Messages
262
got my Dell 1905fp today. It was very easy to put together and very easy to install. They give you an analog cable and a DVI cable, so I hooked it up using DVI. Currently the monitor is set at 1280x1024 @ 75hz. There is no software to install, just plug and play.

There is some ghosting with the cursor that I've noticed and if I use the mouse wheel to scroll on pages with a lot of links, like the forums here on Hardforum, you can definitely see some ghosting with the text.

I'm reinstalling Half-Life 2 right now to test how it runs with a game, but at the rate Steam updates I probably won't have a review on that aspect until January.

It seemed to handle video pretty good. I tested it with the gun fight in The Matrix and didn't notice any problems along with a couple other videos.

I'm not 100% sure if I'll be keeping this monitor or not. I like the Samsung 940b and it has pretty good reviews when it comes to gaming as well as an 8ms response time which is about half what this 1905fp has. Supposedly the 2001fp handles games a lot better so that is a possible choice too. I've got 30 days to send it back, so I'll see how I like it.
 
After about an hour of use I've decided to send this monitor back and get the Samsung 940b. The Dell monitor was ghosting really bad. Moving the cursor, moving AIM windows, browsing the forums, and playing HL2 all had ghosting far beyond what I would want to deal with long term. HL2 was making my eyes hurt and my stomach upset, I literally started to get dizzy. I plan on getting the 940b now.
 
Back
Top