DELL 1905FP how is it?

Malikman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
1,045
Hey i was wondering how is the DELL 1905FP for a 19" lcd monitor?

Also just so you know i am on my computer a lot and i game a lot but i'm NOT one who needs gaming to be PERFECT.
 
I've been using my 1905FP since last summer and it's great. I'm now looking for faster, larger lcd's with the same great color and contrast. This LCD is fantastic for anyone who is not a gamer. I gamed a lot on it, and eventually you will barely notice the ghosting, but it does ghost pretty bad. The color, brightness and contrast are all superior to any other 19" lcd I've ever seen.
 
The Dell1905fp was my first LCD monitor. It has great image quality for business use and surfing the web. For anything involving motion i.e DVD's or Gaming stay away from it. You need a LCD monitor with a faster response.
 
Unfortunetly i'm not sure if a fast 8 bit monitor even exists. I think I hear something about NEC making an IPS LCD with 8 bits of color with 8ms response but since it's very new i'd imagine its like $700+

I kinda wait for that new technology to take off and prices to fall before I get an LCD but that'll prolly take 2 years :(
 
There are tons of fast 8-bit panels. The samsung 930b, 940b, 930bf, 940mf are all fast 8-bit 19" lcd's.

That viewsonic you linked to is a 6-bit I believe, notice the really low contrast?
 
When I say "fast", I mean low response time, which equals great for gaming.
 
yea i think i mght ge the samsung 940b si that their best 19" LCD for around 350-400??
 
how much is a good 20.1 or 21inch LCd or is that just not worth it for a gamer who doesn't really watch dvds on his computer?
 
I'm more than satisfied with my 1905FP and I game on it quite a bit. Sure there's slight ghosting but I dont think It's distracting. When I first hooked mine up and fired up a game I was pissed at the amount of apparent ghosting. However once the panel warms up a bit the response time becomes much faster and ghosting all but vanishes. Seriously though, it doesnt ghost that bad.
 
Like I said, I game on mine all the time, but nowadays there are lcd's for similar price as it with the same visual quality and better response times.

I'd go with the Samsung 940B.
 
Like I said, I game on mine all the time, but nowadays there are lcd's for similar price as it with the same visual quality and better response times.

I'd go with the Samsung 940B.


if their are lcds with same quality with beter reponse times wfor same pric why go for smaunsg 940b when i could get a beter one for that... what would sell me on the samsung (i'm leaning towards it right now just want to get my questiosn out)
 
I believe the Samsung 940b is a 6-bit panel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the egg has it listed as 16.2 million colors which I thought implies 6-bit.

If it even matters to you Milkman
 
Malikman said:
Like I said, I game on mine all the time, but nowadays there are lcd's for similar price as it with the same visual quality and better response times.

I'd go with the Samsung 940B.


if their are lcds with same quality with beter reponse times wfor same pric why go for smaunsg 940b when i could get a beter one for that... what would sell me on the samsung (i'm leaning towards it right now just want to get my questiosn out)


Wow dude, I was talking about the 1905FP in that first sentence. Hence why I concluded with "I'd go with the Samsung 940B".


And no, the Samsung is definately an 8-bit panel.
 
well i'e chosen the samsung 940b :) i hope it works out well and i don't make a bad choice.
 
EnJoY120 said:
... but it does ghost pretty bad. The color, brightness and contrast are all superior to any other 19" lcd I've ever seen.

I own two 1905 FP monitors and I agree on both points. Bad ghosting, but image quality for non-gaming / non-movie watching is superb.

If you play first-person shooters, I really would go for the Dell 1907 FP with 8ms response...
 
PrkChpXprss said:
I own two 1905 FP monitors and I agree on both points. Bad ghosting, but image quality for non-gaming / non-movie watching is superb.

If you play first-person shooters, I really would go for the Dell 1907 FP with 8ms response...
the 1907fp is a 6bit TN panel though
 
I would advice you not to go with Viewsonic's ultra fast TN panels (VX9XX series) becuase as I heard, their image quality goes to shit.
 
Eagle156 said:
I would advice you not to go with Viewsonic's ultra fast TN panels (VX9XX series) becuase as I heard, their image quality goes to shit.

Viewsonic VX922 is currently the fastest lcd monitor. I didn't hear their image quality was "shit" but I know most people complained about no height adjustment, poor viewing angles, and screen door effect.

I can't decide which 19" LCD monitor to buy. I don't want a WS. I want a monitor with 1280x1024 for my games. I want a 8bit panel but it seems none of them at 19" are faster than 8ms. I am currently looking at the VP920b and Hyundai Q90u. I know the q90u is 6bit but I'm not sure if the VP920b is 6bit. I don't want a VP930b because the one I previously owned was full of problems.
 
Back
Top