• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 1704FPT or 1905FP?

Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
21
Hi,
I need to pick up two new monitors, one to share with my mini and pc and one just for the pc for when I want two displays on that. What would be better of the two options? I understand they are the same res, so it's confusing which to get. They are on special and I need two, so this has narrowed my options.

BTW, I do design work, are these going to work well for that?

Thanks!
 
Definitely the 1905FP. The 1704FP or whatever is a TN panel, as far as I know. If you're doing design work, you want the full 16.7 million colour spectrum, not just 16.2 million. It is a re-badged Samsung 193P, depending on the revision. If you get the other revision, you still get an 8-bit AUO panel, and it is said to be a little faster.
 
Well I ended up getting two 1905FP on sale and minus ebay coupon. Hearing that the 1704 was a TN panel and that the 1907 is as well helped me decide. Just wish it looked like the new models.
 
Back
Top