Dell 15,000 RPM SATA!!!

EDIT: link works now.

I am just curious, 15,000 RPM SATA drive? That's amazing. Probably loud as hell too.

73gb 15k rpm is a SCSI drive. The link is still broke. It just shows a title.. how is this a hot deal.. :rolleyes:

I guess this wasn't really meant for the "hot deals" forum, but more like the disk storage forum...

RooK said:
could you imagine 10 in raid-5....

drool
At work, I have an array of 20 in a fiber attached storage box arranged into a RAID 5 and several RAID 10 arrays :)

w1retap said:
73gb 15k rpm is a SCSI drive. The link is still broke. It just shows a title.. how is this a hot deal.. :rolleyes:

How is it a hot deal? Well, it's a 15k drive, so I'm sure it's hot enough to fry an egg. Put 3 of these in your box and you can bake muffins. LOL :D

15K is 50% faster than a 10K drive, but I wonder how much faster the seek, write and latency times are?

I wonder if there are any plans to really build a 15K SATA drive like a Raptor 2 or something crazy

CompuGeek said:
That is a thread crap if I have ever seen one.

i think he was being funny in a sarcastic way....

back on topic (sort of) i wonder how fast that rig with the 20 drives would load BF2 in... or Far Cry... or any game for that matter

I had to be the jerk that bought 99...Sorry guys for emptying out this hot deal. :p

How does that thing work synaps3?

CompuGeek said:
Sorry, it's kinda hard to see sarcasm over the internet. I thought u were just being an a$$.
Sorry dude, but you truely deserve it :p

masteroftheobviouspi0.jpg

I'm still waiting for a 15k rpm SATA drive :( Come on WD!

Stu55 said:
I had to be the jerk that bought 99...Sorry guys for emptying out this hot deal. :p

How does that thing work synaps3?

I. Hate. U.

lol

kumquat said:
At work, I have an array of 14000 in a fiber attached storage box arranged into several RAID 5 and a LOT of RAID 10 arrays :)

fixt for me. >_>

<_<

Back