• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

deleting System Volume Information folder after using Partition Magic

polar-ten

n00b
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
17
I had a 160 gig drive partitioned into one 20 gig drive (for the system) and the rest a separate partition for data. I used Partition Magic to combine the drives into one - I combined them into C and chose the option to put the contents of the other drive into a folder on C. Now, inside this folder on C is the System Volume Information folder that was on the other partition, and I can't delete it. Is there another way to delete this folder?
 
You need to change the permissions on the folder and give yourself full control.
 
Just testing it on my work machine here; I added my user name into the list with full access and it wouldn't let me rename it. I then changed the owner to myself (it was set to the person who built this box (the username windows was installed under)), and it still wouldn't let me rename it. In the advanced > effective permissions tab I chose my username, and it showed that I have full access (all boxes checked under allow column) - any ideas?

thanks,
ag
 
Back
Top