• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

[deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. Fold server isn't setup on FC4. But it does have its benifits. Anyone else run this?

Definately talk to unhappy_mage. If anyone can fix Linux, he can.
 
There is just something perverted sounding when someone mentions things like “Mounting” a folder or drive……… ;) :)

 
BillR said:
There is just something perverted sounding when someone mentions things like “Mounting” a folder or drive……… ;) :)

Sounds like you and Marty have been spending a bit too much time together. ;)

Paging Dr. Mage, Dr. Mage...

 
[H]exx said:
My issue is after mounting the folding directory for the terminal machines to read/write to, they can read, but can not write. Permissions are set to 777, and I have no_root_squash which is suppose to give these terminal boxes root access on the server side. Everything was made under the root account too.
My suggestion is to use squash_all, and set all the ownership to nfsnobody (whoever that is on your system). If you need help implementing this, post back. I can get the FC4 installer on Monday and install to a VM and give you specific steps.

 
Ah, should've mentioned that. It's mentioned in the manpage for /etc/exports; in the future the man pages will come in handy.

 
so you got F@H to run on a cluster? I thought this wasn't possible.

edit: It isn't really a cluster, its just diskless booting...I hope Stanford huries and gets F@H compatible with clusters soon....
 
fenton06 said:
so you got F@H to run on a cluster? I thought this wasn't possible.

edit: It isn't really a cluster, its just diskless booting...I hope Stanford huries and gets F@H compatible with folding soon....

F@H is folding. I think you are confused as to the definition of folding, and cluster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top