Deleted folder reappears on Desktop (Nero 7 issue?)

DigitalMP

Gawd
Alright, for about a month now, this temp folder I created on my Desktop, (to store some music files for a few compilation CDs) then subsequently deleted, keeps reappearing after a day or two.

I didn't want to post earlier, because I figured it was spyware or a virus, and was determined to resolve this myself. Until today...

A "Userimages.bmp" file that I had deleted from My Documents was there once again today. The first time, I thought I had mistakenly dragged it into there, but now I knew that was not the case, but I finally had a delete-reappear situation where I had viable search criteria.

I found this thread on Neowin stating that Nero creates this BMP file in My Documents. I did what the psoter did, and created a "temp" directory within Nero's folders, and pointed Nero's HKCU key to that folder.

But, could Nero also be creating this folder on my Desktop? It did have music files, and I did write them from this folder. I delete it, shift-delete it, empty the Recycle Bin, and check HJT for unusual processes. I've also ran SpySweeper, MS AntiSpyware. AdAware, SpyBot, and NOD32, and the issue still persists.

My Inspiron 9300 is very clean, so I no longer suspect it is malware-related, but I've been wrong in the past.

Has anyone experienced this?

Back