Delete WINDOWS and DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS

JFav

n00b
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
18
I have two hard drives. I switched the larger hard drive to the primary boot drive and I copied the files from the old boot drive to the new one.

I can't delete WINDOWS or DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS because it says that windows is need to boot and documents and settings is also.

How can I get rid of it???
 
You need to use a utility to ghost the drive (i believe many drive providers will have one), then after that you reformat the old drive to be blank.
 
ghosting is copying a snapshot of a harddrive
 
As mentioned you need a drive imaging utility. Simply copying the files from one drive to another isn't going to work.
 
Download the utilities for the new hard drive you have from the manufacturer's website. They all have drive copying utilities that will image your old drive to your new drive.

Here's a link for the data lifeguard utilties from WD. I've heard they work with all drives.
http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1
Quick, easy, free.
 
Back
Top