Delete music off iPhone

Just remove them from your sync list. And next time your phone syncs they'll be baleeted.

Out of curiosity, why are you using MM over iTunes?

I don't use iTunes, because I don't like the way it "syncs" stuff. I want to be able to add or delete content without "synchronizing" with a library. The first time I attempted to use it, it broke all of the 3rd party applications I had downloaded, so I swore never to use it again.

In Media Monkey, I don't have a sync list either. To copy music to my iPhone and iPod Touch, I simply right-click an album and click "sync to <device>" .... Any other ideas on how to delete?

Isn't there some way I can just browse a list of what's on the device, and select what I want to delete?

Sure, you can SSH into the phone and try to guess which song 357838u5353.m4p is so you can delete it manually.

It's a huge pain in the ass.

Have you tried selecting the device in the lefthand pane on MM and then deleting the files from the list on the right?

It should only affect the device you've selected. Never tried, myself. MM created a special rule for itself in windows, a second instance of my iPhone that forced it as the default software to load when I plugged in. I still use it for managing my ripped songs though.

That worked great! Thanks! I feel kinda dumb now, cuz it was really easy ... I jsut hadn't explored that left-hand pane too much.

By the way, for the MM issue you mentioned you have, you should just be able to right-click the extra device and click "Remove Device" under Options --> Portable / Audio Devices.

You're quite welcome!

I did end up figuring out what caused it, yeah, and I removed the extra device. That's how I'm still able to use MM for its fantastic file management.

Glad you're sorted :cool:

Back