Del Toro to Direct Halo Movie

in case you guys haven't figured it out. It's a lose lose situation for guys when making video games into movies. On one hand, you can make it so it appeals to the average movie going person, which will make it somewhat popular, and rake in some decent money, but the downside is the true fans will hate it and wine about it and write you tons of hate mail. On the other hand, you can make it appeal to the video game fans, but that alienates the broader population of average movie going people. Which will in turn, lose you money.

And it doesn't matter how hard they try to make it appeal to the video game fans. People these days, being elitists, will not be happy with it and say it sucks and it was a disgrace, just because it will become the popular thing to do. It will be "weird' if you think the movie was good because it was a video game movie, therefore everyone will have to say it was horrible, and should have never happened.

That's just the way it goes, and why i feel sorry for both del toro, and peter jackson. Both if which have been a part of some incredible movies

TranquilRed said:
The Devil's Backbone, which also made a cameo in Hellboy near the Spear of Destiny that killed jesus, it's in a jar inside the case :p

I don't see why there is so much negativity towards Del Toro, I mean Blade 2 was easily the best of the trio and Hellboy was great. This is a best case scenario, honestly I'd be pissed if the movie went to another director and I really do hope he stays on.
wrong, blade 2 was the CRAPPIEST and most unrealistic movie of the 3. I liked Trinity the best, then Blade 1, then Blade 2.

I do hope Del Toro ends up doing a good job on this...

Back