• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Defragment RAID 6 Volume ESXi Passthrough

yuljk

n00b
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
10
Hi guys - I'm running ESXi 6.5 with a Windows 2012 R2 guest which has an LSI 9260-8i setup in passthrough to the VM (RAID 6 array)

Windows optimize is showing my RAID 6 volume as 21% fragmented - Am I safe to defrag, either using the built-in defragmentation tool or diskeeper Pro? - I understand it's generally bad practice to defrag VM disks, however in this case it's a RAID array passthrough to the guest.

Any advice appreciated.
 
So it's generally safe to defrag a RAID volume that has been passed through to a Windows guest?
 
Back
Top