Mar 7, 2004 #1 B booyaa Limp Gawd Joined Apr 4, 2001 Messages 335 I have a raid 0 setup and I was wondering whether or not is it a good idea to defrag? I talked to a guy a while back that said if you defrag a raid setup things get messed up. I really have no idea whether this is true or not so here I am.
I have a raid 0 setup and I was wondering whether or not is it a good idea to defrag? I talked to a guy a while back that said if you defrag a raid setup things get messed up. I really have no idea whether this is true or not so here I am.
Mar 7, 2004 #2 S Snugglebear [H]F Junkie Joined Apr 25, 2001 Messages 11,436 It just takes longer due to increased access times.
Mar 8, 2004 #3 R Retro Rex [H]ard|Gawd Joined May 11, 2001 Messages 1,394 I talked to a guy a while back that said if you defrag a raid setup things get messed up. Click to expand... Who was that guy? Call him up and tell him he is an idiot. You have to defrag it like any other hard drive.
I talked to a guy a while back that said if you defrag a raid setup things get messed up. Click to expand... Who was that guy? Call him up and tell him he is an idiot. You have to defrag it like any other hard drive.