Definitive Technology Incline Speakers $249.98 @ BB

UMASS

Gawd
These are somewhat obscure 2.0 computer speakers. They usually run @ $399.99/pair Yeah...They might be pricey, but they are so damn nice & @ 249.98, they are a steal IMHO. 4" main driver, 2" mid, 3/4" tweeter & 4" passive bass radiator. Bi-Amped @ 40 WPC x 2 (80 watt total) These are tall but have a small footprint.

I know a lot of people on these boards are T-Amp & speakers (I am as well) But....I have to admit these are really that good. I had to buy a pair & find a spot in my home for them.

Just an FYI. I think the sale is good until this Saturday (not 100% sure on that)

BB Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/definit...lack/1903004.p?id=1219066875626&skuId=1903004

Definitive Technology Incline Link:

http://www.definitivetech.com/products/incline

Digital Trends Review:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/pc-speaker-reviews/definitive-technology-incline-review/

Stole: I posted what they are sell for it didn't I? I'm an audiophile & love my sound (music & games) Fancy? Then buy a pair of Micca speakers from Amazon. If you want to categorize as "fancy" So be it! I'm listening to Beth Rowley's "Little Dreamer" & they ROCK!

Stole: You never give-up! Yes...My PSB 6's are paired with a wonderful Marantz SR4600 receiver & they sound great! Stole...Not to get too personal...but you're a "cheapskate" IMHO. I think you simply don't have the "means" to purchase product all of the time like I do. My wife complains about all the "nonsense" with my purchasing.

Please do me a favor & go away from my thread. You're are simply an annoyance.

Had I not already bought a pair of Mackie CR3 monitors for my laptop, I'd be all over this DT deal. I use a pair of DT StudioMonitor 55 speakers as part of my PC audio setup. The sound is sublime.

Stole: You never give-up! Yes...My PSB 6's are paired with a wonderful Marantz SR4600 receiver & they sound great! Stole...Not to get too personal...but you're a "cheapskate" IMHO. I think you simply don't have the "means" to purchase product all of the time like I do. My wife complains about all the "nonsense" with my purchasing.

UMASS you really come off as a dick when you post speaker deals and people offer differing opinions. No one here cares how much money you have or how you spend it. Don't you know everyone on this board earns high six figures a year and has a dime piece for a wife? Why are you taking it personal when someone disagrees with your opinion on a product? We are on this board because we all share a common interest and that interest isn't audio. If you want to hang out with people who will justify your buying decisions by agreeing with your analysis, there are boards out there dedicated to audio.

I have no opinion on these speakers, but do love my Micca MB42X speakers and T-Amp.

... I was asking you to tell me how these speakers compare to a product you own to get a better idea of where they are sonically and you reply with this. I am now utterly convinced that your ability to comprehend text is at least 75% shot. I was kind of suspecting it earlier, but this has nailed it in.

LOLthread.

UASS (oops), your reply was uncalled for. And for me to defend SMOC after he trolled hardcore on the 34UM94 Massdrop discussion is something. ;) But here he was simply asking a question that you could have helped with and you chose to come off as a pretentious, condescending douche instead. Classy.

Did I really come off as trolling it? I was honestly just laying out the facts, but I guess sometimes I'm a bit too unwavering and zealous about these things.

Plus there was some guy in there that just kind of set me off. >_>

I guess I might have sounded like a jerk. I apologize.

Err, though this is off topic.

UMASS you really come off as a dick when you post speaker deals and people offer differing opinions. No one here cares how much money you have or how you spend it. Don't you know everyone on this board earns high six figures a year and has a dime piece for a wife? Why are you taking it personal when someone disagrees with your opinion on a product? We are on this board because we all share a common interest and that interest isn't audio. If you want to hang out with people who will justify your buying decisions by agreeing with your analysis, there are boards out there dedicated to audio.

I have no opinion on these speakers, but do love my Micca MB42X speakers and T-Amp.

Wentouhable: Before you start throwing darts....Stole & I have had serious conflicts in the past! You have no idea. He "jumped" on my thread just to start nonsense. So....Yes...It's personal with he & I. He loves his Mourdant-Short speakers (which he should) & he has a Topping TK-20 T-Amp & claims "if" anyone buys anything other then short-money, it's a waste. You caught us is (once again a disagreement) This guy loves this. So you have "NO CLUE" See....What this has turned into. See the beginning of my thread. I was trying to tell people what a great deal this is & Stole has to stir-the-pot! I so about these boards. No need to say otherwise!

Did I really come off as trolling it? I was honestly just laying out the facts, but I guess sometimes I'm a bit too unwavering and zealous about these things.

Plus there was some guy in there that just kind of set me off. >_>

I guess I might have sounded like a jerk. I apologize.

Err, though this is off topic.

Stole: Please don't play "possum" here. You knew "exactly" what you were doing & now you claim "Oh....Was I Trolling???" Please. You & I have had issues & you really needed to squeeze my post for your amusement. Yes....You ruined my post that I believe is a GREAT deal. Nice job Stole. In the future, please don't respond to any threads I may post. It's simply hatred on your end.

To the Moderator: Please close this post down, so I can repost without all this nonsense. I would appreciate that.

I really don't understand why I'm getting all of this simply for asking your opinion on some speakers. But okay, sure whatever. I guess I'll look up reviews myself, because I've been thinking about some on-desk powered variants.

Get a fucking room. Deal reads like Days of our Lives.

Stole: My Marantz & PSB B6's aren't even hooked-up to my computer. See my signature. Again.....PLEASE do not reply to any of my threads in the future so we can both avoid this in the future! It's best for both of us.

Great speakers for the size and best price I have seen.

I think we can all get too caught up arguing the merits of paying hundreds of dollars for a small speaker when an alternative bookshelf style speaker is cheaper and better.

While there's no doubt there's no chance this can compete with a proper bookshelf speaker with a proper MDF cabinet. Some of us just don't have the space to put a 5"+ woofered speaker (maybe in addition to an amp) on or around our computers. This speakers mainly compete with the likes of Audioengine A2, Focal XS book, and Paradigm Shift. In that regard, this speaker is a great deal at this price. The incline form factor also gets around the competitor's practice of charging $30 for an incline stand (for feeding sound directly to ear level at near-field).

I think main cons for this speaker is 1) proprietary cable from right to left (can't be extended if you have bunch of monitors in the way) 2) apparent lack of video shielding (a problem if you live in an area with strong amateur radio stations)

At $250 these are pretty much in direct competition with the JBL LSR305 active monitors. Wonder how the two compare.

To the Moderator: Please close this post down, so I can repost without all this nonsense. I would appreciate that.

If you weren't concentrating so hard on being an annoying fucking dumbass, you'd realize you can close your own thread.... :rolleyes:

Seriously, you kids need to grow up.

At $250 these are pretty much in direct competition with the JBL LSR305 active monitors. Wonder how the two compare.

JBL monitors will most likely blow these out of the water.

You buy def techs for the aesthetic or wife acceptance factor. They are a compromise speaker. They're certainly better than really low end stuff or poorly made speakers, but they will not compete with anything moderately well made in the mid-fi arena.

I would not cross shop these with monitors - they're built for a different purpose.

That said, they are attractive and will likely be better than good enough for most people. I think I'd want a little baby 8" sub with these like the cheapo pioneer one.

Edit: to add, that site in the OP with the review is suspect. They have a number of Logitech Z-series sets with the same 4 star rating as this. I don't think I'd trust them at all. Sure, maybe that's a combined value rating, but it tells you very little and there are no performance measurements.

Last edited:
Back