Defective GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorR

Gawd
The past week I've been experiencing some issues. While play a game (Bf1, Forza Horizon 3, RotTR) the monitor will lose signal and then reconnect and then a couple seconds later, it will lose signal and reconnect. So I uninstalled the drivers through DDU and set optimized defaults in bios and reinstalled drivers and set the overclock to defaults. It still loses signal occasionally.

I'm in SLI so I tested each card individually and the same problem occurs.. Checked connections everywhere in my system and even reset my monitor (Acer 32" Gsync 4k monitor).

Anyone experience the same thing? Did a google search but very very few results on monitor losing signal.

Any input is HIGHLY appreciated!

Have you tried another cable? Or another port on the video card?

Try a lower refresh rate or lower res.
If this improves it, its most likely a connection or cable problem.

Having said that I have a very old screen that blanks occasionally and is itself faulty.
Lower res fixes it, changing cables doesnt.
But this is a much rarer issue.

if you had the same trouble with both cards, then it is not a video card issue. 4k can have some issues with the cords and switching between hz modes randomly. I would possible swap out for another monitor or post it to the maker's website (acer) if issue persists.

I'm not sure what the issue is, I think its both cards. I just bought a Titan X last week, tested it all day yesterday, it doesn't disconnect whatsoever...

And yes, used a different cable.

I put back in the 1080 classifieds this morning, disconnect ensues... Ughhhhhh... COntacting EVGA now...

Could it be the SLI bridge? I find it hard to believe 2 cards could have the exact same defect.

Not sure but I noticed something yesterday. When running both cards individually, they run at x8.0 at pcie 1.0 even doing the full render test on GPUZ. When I switch back to the Titan X it runs at a full x16 at pcie 3.0...... I'm lost...

I'm definitely gonna try and RMA both cards. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back