• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Default Voltages

Ensign.Fodder

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
1,092
Anyone have a good way of finding the default voltages for the various components (CPU, MB, Mem, etc...) in a system. I ask since I am starting to OC my system and want to know where to start with the voltage. I ask since I have seen the "auto" or "default" setting not be correct.

Thanks!
 
The BIOS usually lists the default voltage next to each setting. Since you have an ASUS board, whenever you have a voltage setting highlighted the default value should be displayed in the pane on the right side.
 
I guess my only concern for the non-MB parts is that the board's default is not correct. For example on a previous build my Balistix Tracer needs like 2.2V but the MB's default was 1.75 and it caused a lot of stability issues.

Thanks again.
 
I guess my only concern for the non-MB parts is that the board's default is not correct. For example on a previous build my Balistix Tracer needs like 2.2V but the MB's default was 1.75 and it caused a lot of stability issues.

Thanks again.

That RAM issue isn't caused by the board's default setting being incorrect. That RAM is actually overclocked when running at its rated speed, so the voltage needed to be raised. However, for stock operation, the default setting of 1.75V would have been sufficient.
 
Back
Top