Default settings for Mushkin Lv2 PC3500

I think when you first use it, the SPD sets it to 2-3-2-6, 1:1 with the FSB, and the voltage is 2.55 I believe.

I don't remember, I manually set mine. NOw it's at 2.8 V at 2-3-2-6. I can't do 2-2-2-6 at DDR433, which is the reason why.

on mine, the CAS default was 2.5

I had to raise the voltage to 2.8v, because I was getting errors at just SPD timings

it runs 2-2-2-6 at 200MHz with 2.8v just fine, that's all I've tried

i currently have 4 sticks of 512mb lv2 pc3500 and 2 of them can run 2-2-2-5, 222 @2.9v passed memtest 10times

Originally posted by GTP_driver
i currently have 4 sticks of lv2 pc3500 and 2 of them can run 2-2-2-5, 222 @2.9v passed memtest 10times
nice, I'm gonna try cranking mine upto 2-2-2-5 210MHz later today

however, my motherboard (IC7-G) only goes upto 2.8v, but I'm hoping when I update the BIOS, it will have some more options

I've heard BH-5 sticks can handle upto 3.2v

Originally posted by EnderW
nice, I'm gonna try cranking mine upto 2-2-2-5 210MHz later today

however, my motherboard (IC7-G) only goes upto 2.8v, but I'm hoping when I update the BIOS, it will have some more options

I've heard BH-5 sticks can handle upto 3.2v

Yes they can handle up to 3.2v but i probably wouldn't feed them that much for a prolonged period. Just set your divider to 5:4 so you can keep the RAM speed down. Winbond BH-5 has 5ns 200Mhz chips so you have to crank up the voltage some though to around 2.8v to get the DIMMs stable with 2-2-2-5 timings and able to overclock to their rated speed of 217Mhz.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Yes they can handle up to 3.2v but i probably would feed them that much for a prolonged period. Just set your divider to 5:4 so you can keep the RAM speed down. Winbond BH-5 has 5ns 200Mhz chips so you have to crank up the voltage some though to around 2.8v to get the DIMMs stable with 2-2-2-5 timings and able to overclock to their rated speed of 217Mhz.
Yeah, I wouldn't run 3.2v for a long time, but I'd like to at least have 2.9 and 3.0 available.

I'll be flashing my BIOS tonight, so we'll see.

2 days ago i got my 2 x 512MB DDR 400 Mushkin Level 1 and set it to Turbo timings in the bios and it running 2 2 2 5 rock stable and on stock volts in my shuttle. <Happy> ;)

Originally posted by EnderW
Yeah, I wouldn't run 3.2v for a long time, but I'd like to at least have 2.9 and 3.0 available.

I'll be flashing my BIOS tonight, so we'll see.

Maybe with some active cooling, 3.2v shouldn't be that bad at all.

Originally posted by Volkswagen
2 days ago i got my 2 x 512MB DDR 400 Mushkin Level 1 and set it to Turbo timings in the bios and it running 2 2 2 5 rock stable and on stock volts in my shuttle. <Happy> ;)

Did it make it through around 8+ hours of Memtest86 to make sure its not causing errors? lvl 1 uses CH-5 and will almost never run the tRCD lower then 3 without causing some sort of issue.

I'll test out my lvl 1 in the next few days. Its suppost to be delivered with the rest of my stuff today.

3 days now it been running 24/7 playing games, benchmarking and it rock stable stock voltages I love shuttle and mushkin :D

I have the PC3500 L2 and I only get 2-3-2-6 @ 217MHz and 2.8V... anything higher than this results in errors, even with higher voltage.

IMO, this RAM is way overhyped.

Originally posted by onetwo
I have the PC3500 L2 and I only get 2-3-2-6 @ 217MHz and 2.8V... anything higher than this results in errors, even with higher voltage.

IMO, this RAM is way overhyped.

The real Mushkin lvl 2 that actually has BH-5 chips instead of BH-6 i have seen run up around 240-250Mhz with 2-2-2-5 timings at 3.2v. The RAM is nowhere near overhyped. Mushkin makes the best RAM out there hands down no question about it. Kingston and Corsair are great but Mushkin holds the crown. The only memory i consider to be over hyped is OCZ. With the best PCB's and customer service out there its hard to understand how anyone else can name another brand the best of the best unless they know nothing about Mushkin.

I have the 'real' Lvl 2 Black sticks -- bought the 2x512MB pair back in Christmas when they were still available on Newegg.

My sticks will go to 240MHz @ 2-2-2-6 and 3.2V, but it's definitely not Memtest86 certified, that's for sure. Errors galore... I'd be very surprised if it's any different for anyone else.

Or is it reasonable to live with settings that generate nearly 500 errors per pass in memtest, even though it boots and allows me to play some games (but rarely finishes graphics benchmarks)?

Originally posted by onetwo
Or is it reasonable to live with settings that generate nearly 500 errors per pass in memtest, even though it boots and allows me to play some games (but rarely finishes graphics benchmarks)?
No.

No errors in Memtest are acceptable IMO.

Back