default network and printing

Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
18
ok I have 2 questions:

The first is that I have a laptop with vista on it and I am unableto print thru my wireless network it say I dont have access but I am sharing the printers on my xp machine.

The second is that whenever I turn on the laptop I end up hooing into my neighbors unscured network instead of mine how do I have italways default to mine.
 
for the printer, make sure you have file and printer sharing on on your vista machine, you may have your network type set as public which wont, in my experience, let you use a shared printer / drive


as for the networking, you need to check the advance properties of your network and tell it what to use as default and to not auto connect to unsecure networks.
 
How do you have the security set up on your XP machine? You need to make sure you either enable anonymous access to your printer, or you need to make sure you have an account with the same user name and password set up on your XP box as on your Vista box.... That's the short version... If you need more info on how to accomplish this task, let me know....
 
Back
Top