Dedicated water-cooling case...

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
If you were going to build a dedicated case for housing radiators, fans, pump(s) and reservoir(s) how would you go about it?

I'd most likely toss a PSU in there too to keep the wiring clean. I have a Corsair Air 540 that is being unused - perfect for this project. Would more than one pump be needed to push the water to the other case?

As an owner of thermaltake x9 I say go for it! You can have high-end rig in SFF and exile radiators, pump, reservoir and fans (and noise!) to a dedicated "case" (really wish I learned about thermaltake P100 before I bought X9 :( ) I doubt you should take PSU to another case as there are just too many cables as opposed to simply extending 12V molex cable for pump/fans/controller. I already see how corsair 540 can be used to house more than enough rads (like one huge fan for air intake up front and lots of rads doing exhaust) :alien: If you go ahead with your plan do not forget to buy two pairs of quick disconnects so moving/changing stuff would be easier.

Last edited:
More radiators and fans. Cooler temps?
yes and no.
If you get a case with a pair of 360mm radiators in it, unless you're generating ungodly levels of heat, your temps won't go all that high.

And the closer you get to room temp, the harder it is to drop temps more, since the delta between rad temp and air temp is smaller.

If you were going to build a dedicated case for housing radiators, fans, pump(s) and reservoir(s) how would you go about it?

I'd most likely toss a PSU in there too to keep the wiring clean. I have a Corsair Air 540 that is being unused - perfect for this project. Would more than one pump be needed to push the water to the other case?

Just got to Case Labs and buy one of their cases or just the pedestals for their cases. Those will hold rads, fans, pumps, controllers, etc.

Just got to Case Labs and buy one of their cases or just the pedestals for their cases. Those will hold rads, fans, pumps, controllers, etc.

Have you priced those? You could almost build another loop for the cost of their cases.

Have you priced those? You could almost build another loop for the cost of their cases.

They're not cheap, but they're pretty solid products. If you ask around, most owners are pretty dang happy with them.

Maybe someday. Pretty happy with my Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV - Tempered Glass right now.

Maybe someday. Pretty happy with my Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV - Tempered Glass right now.

If you're looking for a dedicated case JUST for watercooling gear, this might work: http://www.caselabs-store.com/pedestal-mercury-s8-and-s8s/

Not many other companies make a specific case for this type of thing, so it's not going to be cheap. You're going to be either looking at something like this, or possibly getting something custom-made, which is going to be a lot more cash.

Decided to change up the loop a little bit. Trying that first before going full on cooling retard. Going to add a 240mm radiator to the 360mm one I already have in place. While I am at it I am replacing my pump and reservoir - never cared for it (PVC) and my current case doesn't even have a bay slot for it. Now I have to plan out the loop.

It is probably better to just get a larger case that is designed to support watercooling. 900d supports dual 480 radiators easily.

Back