Dedicated/Shared Hosting facilities?

badtz

Limp Gawd
Greetngs,

I'm trying to find a place that will store our servers, with the facility having their own IT guy/gals to keep the servers in good shape in case anything happens.

Currently we have ours hosted with XO Communications, but their facility in NJ is closing.... so we have to move our servers.

Any good words about comparable places?

Thanks for any help!! :)

How many servers and what is your rack/BW usage?

We have about 10 servers, otherwise i'm not sure of the exact spec. :(

We're trying to find a very reputable company. [a little more costs than the competition is okay, if they're more reputable]

:)

I just found out ... I believe it's a collocation facility is what we're looking for ....... ? :)

I have a server out of The Planet and would recommend them without second thought. I'm not sure if they do Colo's anymore but it's worth a look.

wow, will definitely look into them! Sounds very very nice!!!

any others [for comparison]?

[though I think I'll end up at that one]

How's there technical support? down-time? comments? :)

i do believe sungard has a co-lo up there, check them out, i have hosted epuipment with them before and have had no bad experience, and at mu current job we use them for our disaster recovery.

Their support is top notch. They offer a management site that allows you to submit/review tickets regarding changes and also view SNMP traffic of their infrastructure. This site also allows you to view upcomming maintenance plans as well as any changes that may effect your server(s). Since last November I've only been effected by one outage which lasted less than 15 minutes and information as well as an explanation was posted immendiately. Compared to providers like Rack Space these guys take the cake.

tech ...

would theplanet be considered top notch? [is there anyone better?]

[again, just for comparison] :)

[once i get into work tomorrow, i'll have a lot more questions ... i'm sure ] :)

Back