• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dedicated PSU? 12VDC

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,190
Does any one know where to get a dedicated 180 Watt (15 AMP) 12 Volt DC power supply for a peltier cooler project? I want to make my own mini frige :D but I been having a tough time finding a power supply for my peltier. I works fine in my car and draws 11AMPS put I don't want to max out the PSU.
 
Gasp at mousers prices :eek: . I just looked at the side of my Antec 350Watt and it says +12 @ 20A. So I used my tester to get it to turn on and my peltier works fine on it and it draws 10A. so I guess I can use a high quality computer power supply, just need a way to make it turn on without the tester is there a way?
 
Yep, get a paper clip or similar and put it in between the green pin and a black pin on the ATX connector, and it'll turn on.
 
Back
Top