• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dedicated physx card + radeon 5850

Caddish

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
84
I'm interested in adding a dedicated physx card with my ati 5850 but I was wondering how successful/stable people have been with that kind of config. I guess there is probably a thread about it but I can't find it
 
Seems nice, is there a version for win 7 x64 ?

[Edit}

It was well hidden in the read me but I found it was compatible with win 7

By the way could you recommend an average card probably for only mirror's edge and maybe batman
 
Last edited:
Nvidia's own GeForce 275 is a dual GPU card with a GeForce 250 as its PhysX complement. That will probably work.
 
Nvidia's own GeForce 275 is a dual GPU card with a GeForce 250 as its PhysX complement. That will probably work.

AVERAGE CARD. Not top of the line, dual gpu on same board. And why would he down grade his Radeon 5850 w/DX11 going to a DX10 part?????

An 8800/9800GT should be plenty for physx only.
 
I'd suggest the GTS 250. I'm running a 5870 (not worlds apart) and have had an easy time using them in conjunction. In a lot of the price comparisons I've seen, the GTS250 has come out to be the best "bang for your buck" PhysX card. You could probably go with one of the 8 series cards, too, but I guess you don't want to shoot too low.
 
Yes I was asking for a average complement only for mirror's edge and since my laptop 9800M gt would rock physx at 45fps I guess just any card will do. The gts 250 is a bit expensive what would be the step under?
 
An 8800GT would be below the GeForce 250, but may be extremely rare. But I only say that based on age, I don't know what Newegg's got. But that's the next step down.
 
I'm interest by those cheap 9800GT 9800GT GTS 250. But first off all is the improvement from GTS 250 to 9800 worth loosing my last pci port, 20$ and 6pin connector. Is my psu strong enough for another card and since I don't think my mobo can do 2 pci-e at 16x will the physx card reduce the performance of my 5850 ?
 
Back
Top