• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Decoding A3C from optical input on Audigy 2 plat.

JRT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
427
Hey All,
I have an Audigy 2 Platinum, with the Live Drive Bay.
I am trying to input AC3 from my Xbox 360 into the Optical-In on my Audigy but it will not decode it.
I want to bring this source in from the 360 and decode it to 5.1 analog out to my 5.1 headphones.
Anyone know of a way to decode an AC3 from this optical input?
I thought AC3Filter would work but, it only decodes DVD and movie files.

Anyone have a filter that will work?
Thanks A Lot.
 
You should be able to decode from external sources going to Creative's Audio Console->Decoder tab -> Use built in decoder
SPDIF I/O tab-> SPDIF Input -> SPDIF-In Decode

Did you use those settings?
 
LOL Thx alot man.
You know I have never even used that console.
I didn't even know it was there till you said something, then I remembered seeing it once.
All is good now. :D
 
Back
Top